“A great way to experience the canyon!”
Review of Canyon Trail Rides

Canyon Trail Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Come explore Zion National Park on the back of horse or mule. Experience riding through the Virgin River, looking up at the "Court of the Patriarchs", and climbing 700 ft on the Sandbench Trail. Canyon Trail Rides offers a 1 hour ride and a 1/2 day (3 hour) ride. The 1 hour ride is $40.00 per person and each person must be 7 years or older and under 220 lbs. The 1/2 day ride is $80.00 per person and each person must be 10 years or older and under 220 lbs.
Ogdensburg, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A great way to experience the canyon!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We did the 1/2 day (3 hour) ride into the canyon, and it was worth every dollar. The wranglers are professional and take good care of you, even if you have never ridden before. Yes, you'll be a little stiff when you dismount, but you will have experienced the canyon in a personal way. If you make reservations ahead of time from their website, you have an idea of what to expect, and if your stay is at a busy time, you'll be sure of a ride. It's very safe, but be prepared to get used to life on the edge of the trail - the horses and mules know the trail, and it's like driving a bus - the "wheels" are behind the driver, so the horse's head hangs out over the edge on a switchback, but his feet are solidly on the trail. You'll feel like you've really done something worthwhile when you get back, and you'll have great stories for the folks back home!

• Korean first
Calgary, Canada
“Good fun - sore body”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This horseriding trip was a great way to see Bryce Canyon. I'd never ridden a horse before but that didn't matter. The guides were really nice and professional, explaining some of the park features as we went. My horse loved to walk very close to the edge of the trail, which freaked me out a bit. The ride was 3.5 hours in total, with a water and washroom break halfway. I could take pictures along the way. My knees and bottom were a bit sore afterwards but it was all good fun. I'd recommend this trip if you're going to Bryce Canyon. I'd also do it again.

Pensacola, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Spectacular ride! A must do when visiting Bryce.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

During my recent visit to Bryce Canyon I did the 1/2 day Peek-A-Boo Loop Trail ride and thoroughly enjoyed it. I arrived at Bryce on a Monday and was scheduled to ride Wednesday afternoon. The forecast called for rain all day Tuesday and a 60% chance on Wednesday. I stopped by the Trail Ride desk at the Bryce Canyon Lodge and asked them if I could switch my ride to Thursday. They were more than happy to let me do this. I originally booked the ride online and had no problems at all as my reservation ticket was already waiting for me. Yes, the trail is steep in some places but the guide assured everyone that the animals (combination of mules and horses) knew what they were doing and I wasn't disappointed. Joe, our guide, was great. He relayed a lot of info about the canyon and was very attentive to everyone on the ride, making sure they were comfortable and okay. It started to rain a little bit during the ride and he stopped and helped those that wanted to, to put on rain gear, and then to remove it once the rain had stopped. Because of the heavy rain on Monday and Tuesday the Navajo Loop was closed so, although I had done a lot of hiking on my own prior to the ride, this ride gave me a chance to see things I otherwise would have not seen. It was a great afternoon.

Richland, Washington
“Bryce Canyon 1/2-day trail ride was amazing”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My experience with Canyon Trail Rides was excellent. I used their website to make my reservations and pre-pay with my credit card. The result was our tickets waiting for us at the lobby desk in Bryce Canyon Lodge. We had hike the Queens Garden/Navajo Loop trails the day before our ride, so we had a pretty good idea of what the trails might look like. Also, being a horse owner and having ridden several mountain trails in my home state of Washington, i was more than pleased with the stock. They were well fed, maybe even on the chubby side considering the work they do, and they were steady on the trail. This was the first time I had ever ridden a mule and was very happy with ol' Jake. Nice smooth gate and he kept up with the Guide's mule with little or no prodding. I especially liked the fact that the stock knew the trails, as my own horse might not have made it back in once piece on some of the switch backs. Our Guide Hank was great company and provided periodic and humorous encouragement to the novice riders (who were also apparently afraid of heights). I must admit, there were a few spots on the trail where I thought about just closing my eyes and letting Jake get me home, but I just couldn't stop looking at this amazing place. I know what it costs to keep a horse and believe me, the $80 price tag for this trip is an excellent value. After this experience, I'm even going to look into their 7-day ride and other guided trail rides into Zion and Grand Canyon, but if you have to only choose one, I'd recommend Bryce Canyon as the 1st pick. Oh, and ask for Hank!

Hereford, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“The only way to travel !!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

my daughter and I went on the half day mule ride down into the Grand Canyon during our stay in September. Dennis gave us an interesting trip and explained the details of what we were seeing and about the canyon and its wildlife. We wouldn't have had the chance to go below the rim any other way and we really appreciated the opportunity the mule ride gave to have this unique experience.