“the ONLY way to see Bryce”
Review of Canyon Trail Rides

Canyon Trail Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Come explore Zion National Park on the back of horse or mule. Experience riding through the Virgin River, looking up at the "Court of the Patriarchs", and climbing 700 ft on the Sandbench Trail. Canyon Trail Rides offers a 1 hour ride and a 1/2 day (3 hour) ride. The 1 hour ride is $40.00 per person and each person must be 7 years or older and under 220 lbs. The 1/2 day ride is $80.00 per person and each person must be 10 years or older and under 220 lbs.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've done some pretty awesome things but this tops the list. Doing Bryce on horseback is the only way to see the park. On horseback you have access to trails that pedestrians don't. Neither one of my kids stopped smiling. The half day ride is reasonably priced.

1  Thank claudia605
Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"take pictures"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Bryce Canyon trail ride with Canyon Trail Rides was one of the highlights of our two week Four Corners trip - possibly the best adventure we did which also included a hot air balloon ride in Moab, horse trail ride in Canyon de Chelly, & jeep tour in Monument Valley.
This was one of the funnest adventures I have done in my life (not quite up to the Safari in Africa), but awesome nonetheless and a great family ride. My daughters 8 & 10 and wife also loved it!! Taj, our guide, was awesome, informative, and quite humorous! Lots of great stories and jokes to make the ride even better. We only did the 2 hour ride since there were age restrictions for he longer rides. Awesome views and awesome time! A must return next time we get back to Utah...

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My 11 year old daughter and I loved out 1/2 day ride in the canyon. Our guide, Bo, was great. The ride is totally worth it. The guides are professional and entertaining. This ride has now easily become my daughter's favorite part of vacation! Of course now she wants a horse. Booking the trip was easy. I made reservations 2 months before our trip. The morning of the ride I checked in and off we went. I would recommend booking in advance, several people were interested in the early ride, but were put on standby because the early rides book up fast. This same outfit operates in Zion as well. We rode in both parks and we had a blast.

1  Thank NJKateM
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We did the 2 hour trail ride with a group of 9 ranging in age from 8 to mid 40s. I was very nervous beforehand because I am very afraid of heights. However, I let the guide know, they put me on the appropriate mule and once I got past the first 10 minutes or so, where the switchbacks seem the steepest, I was fine. We got caught in a little rain, but the scenery was amazing and our guide, Cash, was funny (in a corny sort of way). It really is the best way to see Bryce Canyon. My only (minor) complaint was it was more like an hour and a half ride than a 2 hours ride, but maybe he hurried us along due to the rain. Do not miss it.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We did a half day ride and the ride started around 8am. This was one of the best part of our recent trip to Grand Canyon & Bryce Canyon. Though I won't recommend this ride to anyone who is afraid of heights. You will experience narrow trails of Peek-A-Boo trail where Mules walk very close to edges. My wife wanted to get off when the actual trail ride started but she continued anyway (these animals are smart and they won't do anything that does harm them - words from our guide Taj which helped my wife relax a bit). Though Canyon trail rides welcome new riders and thoughtfully assign you Mules and Horses I felt that guides get bit pushy and keep asking inexperienced riders to whip Mules and make them walk fast.

Also not recommended for someone who wants to photograph the beauty of Bryce canyon, they better walk through the Peek-A-Boo trail for magnificent shots of the Canyon.