“This is A Must!”
Review of Canyon Trail Rides

Canyon Trail Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: Come explore Zion National Park on the back of horse or mule. Experience riding through the Virgin River, looking up at the "Court of the Patriarchs", and climbing 700 ft on the Sandbench Trail. Canyon Trail Rides offers a 1 hour ride and a 1/2 day (3 hour) ride. The 1 hour ride is $40.00 per person and each person must be 7 years or older and under 220 lbs. The 1/2 day ride is $80.00 per person and each person must be 10 years or older and under 220 lbs.
Reviewed October 16, 2011

When telling our friends we were heading for Utah to see the Canyons, we were told we needed to take a horse/mule ride down into Bryce. Bryce is beautiful from the top but seeing the same areas from the bottom on horseback is wonderful. Our friends were not getting. We took the 1/2 day trail from Bryce Canyon Lodge and it was worth every cent. Cowboy Dave and Gator were our guides and I felt very safe and learned much on the trip. The views were breathtaking and as we went further on Peek-A-Boo loop, they became more and more beautiful. The ride took about 3 1/2 hours and there is a break in the middle for water and relief. Book ahead so you do not miss this experience. Do not get this confused with the Red Canyon Ride as this one will not take you into Bryce Canyon.

3  Thank dsazimm
Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"take pictures"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Just returned from the half day tour $75. I rode a mule named sweet pea. She was great. Our guide was Beau and he was fantastic. Patient with us riders who had never been on a horse before, comical and full of interesting information. You do ride down some steep descents but just relax, your horse or mule knows the trail very well. I thought I would be petrified going down into the canyon but once I relaxed and followed Beau's instructions I was fine. The $6 photo they sell is good value. Where else do you get a 10x8 photo for that price? Don't forget to tip your guide on completion of the ride. Enjoy!

2  Thank Madjude
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We did 10 miles of trails, but you can do much less or just drive arond. The views are wonderful from above, but going down into the canyon gives you a different perspective. It snowed the night before, so our pictures a fantastic. If you are going to Utah do not pass this up.
Bring a picnic lunch it is the best price in the park!!

1  Thank CavemanHHH
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband and I were hiking in Bryce Canyon yesterday (Friday October 7) and came across a group on horseback. We yielded to them as required and were forced to watch the ride leader beat his horse into jumping over a creek bed it did not want to jump over. The horse was panicking, rearing up and backing into the other horses, and trying to sort of hid behind a tree. The ride leader repeatedly told the group that it was important that he force the horse to jump because "if you don't make it do what you want it's ten times worse next time. It's just like raising kids." He tried to force the horse to jump again and again. This went on for 20 minutes, as he got more and more angry. The creek bed was not deep or wide and easily crossable on foot. I crossed in on my feet just fine. I don't understand why he couldn't just lead the group of riders easily across! Finally, he dismounted, beat it with the reins and pulled the horse rapidly back and forth over the creek bed saying "I have to make her do it." Back and forth, back and forth, until he tripped and the horse accidently trampled on him. Then he got really angry and that's when I left to finish the hike and report him. I found his behavior upsetting, unprofessional, and dangerous for the other riders. I could not in good conscience recommend this trail ride.

11  Thank amy340