“Best in the Area”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 10, 2016

Finding decent food in the Bryce Canyon area is a challenge. Thank goodness for this little restaurant. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast here twice. The French Toast is especially good, as were the omelets with hash browns. We returned for dinner one evening. Save room for the Pie....wish I had some right now!

Reviewed July 7, 2016

This is a better place to eat when the one in Bryce village, still wouldn't be a culinary destination on its own.

Reviewed July 7, 2016

We ate here twice on our trip to Bryce, had the same ribeye on both occasions as it was so good, the pies are great too. Service was very good, this is a popular restaurant so it would be wise to book in busy periods.

Reviewed July 6, 2016

My family of 4 ate here recently as an alternative to the Ruby's chaos in Bryce. There was a long wait of 1 hr so we left and came back after 8pm and got seated pretty quickly once someone acknowledged we were there (more on that below).

Table service was great and the food was good but not fantastic (as expected). The sandwiches (burger and chicken) were quite large with a good helping of fries. My wife got the grilled trout platter, which was excellent.

One odd quirk I noticed about the food was that I got the chicken sandwich, which had all the usuals on it such as cheese, bacon and avocado and came with fries. My son got the grilled chicken plate which was a chicken breast and side (eg fries). The chicken he got was the same chicken I had on my sandwich but without the bun, cheese, etc. But for some reason his chicken platter cost a few $$ more than my sandwich even though it was the same chicken with less other stuff?! No big deal, I just thought it was odd to pay more for less when it was the same chicken.

The operations are a little strange in that there is rarely anyone at the front to greet guests. I had called ahead of time to find out where they are and was told to come and write my own name in the book to get on the list. Even then it took about 10 min for anyone to even acknowledge we were there (or the people who came in behind us). Several of the employees looked quite young to be working in a restaurant -- some looked to be no older than 12 or 13.

I would give the Pines a try again if in the area, if only to avoid the Ruby's area.

Reviewed July 4, 2016

Bryce Canyon Pines was highly recommended by folks from miles around so had to try it. Every business owner in the area recommended it as well which is a very good sign. Ended up going twice for dinner and both times were great. Simple American food just the way they used to make it. Tried the trout and it was divine. Great fries, great burgers, everything just right. Had to wait a while to be seated the first night but for good reason. And it was worth the wait. No problem. Heard the breakfasts are great, too. Do not miss the pies no matter what!!! Still thinkin' 'bout that apple pie.

Date of visit: May 2016