“Best option in a place without a lot of options”

Ruby's Inn Cowboy's Buffet and Steak Room
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Cowboy's Buffet & Steak Room, an old western eatery located inside the historic Ruby's Inn! We take pride in offering the finest steak, ribs, chicken, and seafood in the area, and our seasonal buffet is a smorgasbord of delicious hot and cold entrees, vegetables, hors d'oeuvres, and more. There's sure to be something for everyone at Ruby's Inn Cowboy's Buffet & Steak Room! We have a full service bar and our menu changes seasonally, so there will always be something new for you to try when you visit us. Whether you're local or just in town for a vacation, make your way to Ruby's Inn Cowboy's Buffet & Steak Room! We're looking forward to serving you.
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Best option in a place without a lot of options”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

There's really not that many places to eat and Bryce Canyon, and so I found myself eating a few times here. It was a little expensive, but I was able to find something gluten-free, and the service was decent. The food was basic but edible. I would definitely try to go at an off time otherwise it will be crowded.

1 Thank TravelsWithRuby

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Männedorf
“The steaks are a dream”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Not too many places to go in Bryce Canyon City for dinner. But the ruby's Inn Cowboy's Buffet and Steak Room was a great choice.
All steaks were great and the waitres friendly. Exactly how it should be if you are hungry.

Visited July 2014
Riverside, California
“Worst Food I ever ate!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The food at Ruby's was absolutely inedible. The buffet was $22 and the worst food ever. The salad bar was some iceberg lettuce with potato and macaroni salad that was simply disgusting. The soups were watered down and flavorless. The meat selections were some dried up fried chicken with thick skin, boneless ribs that were nasty sauce and fat, and some dry fish that looked like it was trying to be salmon. I have never seen my son actually spit chocolate cake into his napkin (using his best manners of course;). For a family of 5 the bill was $88 with tip--and we ordered one full buffet (meat, soup and salad $22) 3 regular soup and salad bar ($12) and one kid all you can eat ($13) and left there disgusted. There was actually a line for this place and I have never felt so strong the urge to tell the people in line what they were in for! I usually try to look for the positives, but honestly I could not wait to submit this review to warn people to stay away from this awful food. All of the servers were also elderly and I kind of felt sorry for them. When we left the cashier asked if everything was ok and we said it was not good. She did offer to get the manager to do something, but my southern gentleman husband declined (but did tell me to write a review!)

• Visited July 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Typical USA Buffet”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Quantity and variety rather than quality in the buffet option.
Busy in mid summer for dinner and not much eye contact from the busy waiter. Dessert in this type of business always disappoint. Do Americans only know how to flavour such food with sugar?
The air inside was very stuffy / stale with a need for some fresh air.
Worth one visit but nothing special.

• Visited July 2014
Rochester, Minnesota
“Great for Families”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is a great place for the family. Lots of choices for kids and parents. My teen got the buffet but after was disappointed in the selection. He said next time he would buy an entree and add the salad bar. Overall great selection, good food and less pricey than the Bryce Canyon Lodge.

Visited July 2014