“Great food”

Ruby's Inn Cowboy's Buffet and Steak Room
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet
Description: Welcome to Cowboy's Buffet & Steak Room, an old western eatery located inside the historic Ruby's Inn! We take pride in offering the finest steak, ribs, chicken, and seafood in the area, and our seasonal buffet is a smorgasbord of delicious hot and cold entrees, vegetables, hors d'oeuvres, and more. There's sure to be something for everyone at Ruby's Inn Cowboy's Buffet & Steak Room! We have a full service bar and our menu changes seasonally, so there will always be something new for you to try when you visit us. Whether you're local or just in town for a vacation, make your way to Ruby's Inn Cowboy's Buffet & Steak Room! We're looking forward to serving you.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Got a great meal here. Staff were friendly and the meal was cheap and cheerful. I would definitely eat here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,822)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The restaurant is exactly what you'd expect--decent food, good price. Nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about. There are plenty of options, and their buffets are OK and a good value.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Only place in town open on Dec. 26th so had the buffet and highly recommend the beef brisket. Went back three times for more!! Cute place, good food. Pricey as it is the only game in town, but worth it.

1  Thank chesterchandler
Rubys-Restaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Ruby's Inn Cowboy's Buffet and Steak Room, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your meal with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the buffet. We hope that you will have the chance to come back and visit us again someday!!!

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at 435-834-5341 Ext 6

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went to the restaurant at Ruby's Inn in December 2012. The atmosphere was great but we were sceptical as we had read several bad reviews about the restaurant. However, there was no alternative as we arrived quite late in the evening. I ordered BBQ ribs from the "speciality" section of the menu and hoped to be on the safe side regarding quality...but the food was just ok. The overall taste was good (thanks to the BBQ sauce) but the ribs were kind of dry and looked like they had been refrigerated after preparation for a long time and had just been warmed up. I could tell that they had not been prepared freshly. My girlfriend chose a salad with chicken but got very disappointed. It came directly from the fridge: plate and chicken were very cold. However, the salad was not fresh at all: brown and sludgy lettuce leaves, dry uncooked broccoli and little carrots (convenience food style ones) that were so old that their surface was having a white touch already. The composition of the salad was strange and the ingredients were old.
Overall, the food was way to expensive for one meal that was just ok and another that was not acceptable. My girlfriend did not even finish half of her salad but we decided not to complain right away as we did not expect to get something better the next time. So we mentioned our disappointment about the salad at the end and just got a very "you should have told me" as the answer. The server did not take the salad off the bill but instead added 18% gratuity which was not stated elsewhere. At the cash register of the restaurant we were informed that the servers are supposed to ask before bringing the bill whether including the gratuity would be fine for the guest.
This brought our visit down to a round figure. There are a lot of things to improve at this restaurant!

1  Thank Optimus-GER

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a great meal with us. I am also very sorry to hear about the gratuity being added to your bill without your knowledge. I will make sure that this problem is taken care of right away. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time at Bryce Canyon National Park.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Not impressed...I ordered the salad bar because it was the only thing I was willing to try. It was OK... but we never went back for another meal. My husband ordered a meal, they got the meal wrong but he ate it anyways... not the best but it was within walking distance form out hotel. Thank goodness we had a microwave in our room.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. As far as the meal coming out wrong I apologize if the server was told about it we would have made sure that it was fixed for you. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time at Bryce Canyon National Park and Best Western Plus Ruby's Inn.