“If rooms were like food-wish we had stayed here!"”
Review of Bryce Canyon Lodge

Bryce Canyon Lodge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Seasonal - Bryce Canyon Lodge is open April 1 - October 31.
Reviewed July 31, 2010

There was so much to do in Bryce Canyon we decided to grab lunch..it was wonderful--the service was outstanding. Even though our server went home ill, the transition to new was great and he was even better! We ended up going back for dinner and again for dessert later! Every meal was wonderful---the pork tenderlion medallion dish rivaled many a four star rest. It was not "cheap" but was certainly reasonably priced with a wide selection of food and price points. We stayed elsewhere, but will try this lodge next time--it looked like a wonderful place to stay!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed July 21, 2010

The location is wonderful. Service was excellent. Food was mixed. I had the pork which was great. Couple of other folks in our party had the pasta which was completely bland and unimaginative. Not very large helpings either, which is something that always gets me with pasta dishes. Pasta is so cheap, why not provide a generous helping. All in all, not the best experience given the price. Not a lot of choices in Bryce. Next time I'll try the Bryce Canyon Pines.

Reviewed July 6, 2010

In fairness I should say that I wasn't feeling good to start. I ordered angel hair pasta thinking "how simple is that, who could mess it up??" I soon had my answer and sent it back. They used pre-cooked noodles and sautéed them then added garlic sauce. Not so tasty, and it really ruined my appetite.
The prices are not worth it, I would look elsewhere. I did sample some of my friend's risotto, that wasn't much better.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

Eating here for lunch was an experience we will not repeat. Having just opened, the server warned us that things were backed up in the kitchen, so we opted for the buffet. That was the last time we saw the server until she delivered our check. No water refills, no checking on us for anything.

Reviewed June 30, 2010

They do not take reservations here so we got on the waiting list around 7:15 p.m. We were told it would be a 45 to 60 minute wait. They called us after 30 minutes. Our waiter was prompt, personable and mostly attentive even though he was also serving several other tables including a 20-person party from Switzerland. He assured that we got our order in before the 'rush,' but then forgot to bring the lemon we requested (by the time he appeared again, it was too late). The lodge restaurant has a nice cozy atmosphere and it was a nice feeling to be in what we think is the oldest existing national park lodge. These are the positives.

The food was mediocre at best. I had the roast beef and asked for medium rare - it came well-done and dry. I should have sent it back. It came with mushy, overcooked vegetables (couple of small carrots and a couple of green beans) and acceptable mashed potatoes. My partner had the trout which was OK along with packaged rice and the same mushy vegetables. I will say the best part of the meal was the Caesar salad we shared - it was actually tasty and we were hungry.

In sum, great location, decent service, but we cannot recommend the food. Perhaps other choices would have resulted in a different experience - but we had ordered two of the things that any decent restaurant should be able to pull off: trout and roast beef. We would recommend this restaurant for a one-time visit because of its location and historical significance, and also because it is one of the few places in the area that serves halfway edible food believe it or not!

1  Thank DonEnrique