“Finest dining option in the area”
Review of Bryce Canyon Lodge

Bryce Canyon Lodge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Seasonal - Bryce Canyon Lodge is open April 1 - October 31.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stopped for an early breakfast after watching the sunrise. The food is excellent - fresh, prepared well, and plenty of it. It's a bit of a disconnect sitting in a fine dining restaurant in the middle of the boonies in jeans and t-shirt; however, the staff never made me feel uncomfortable. Service was impeccable - some of the best service I've ever received at a restaurant. There is a strong smoky smell in the room because of the wood burning fireplace (even when it's not in use). Those sensitive to wood smoke may prefer to head down the road to Ruby's.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The dining room in the Bryce Canyon lodge offers a very varied menu, including several vegetarian options. The dining room is large, includes a wood-burning fireplace, and includes a very good wine and beer list (several from Utah). Attentive service, good prices. Ala carte menu and buffet are also available.

1  Thank nevertooold53
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had a BLT which had avocado. They had GF bread, such an awesome thing for a gluten sensitive person on the road! I got a bowl of fruit, which I'm pretty sure was frozen, but enjoyed it anyway. The host was exceptionally nice and helpful. National Park food is always more expensive unfortunately. Good overall experience. Oh, and all their soups and elk chili is gluten free.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is the second time we ate at this little pizza place, just outside the lodge inside Bryce. Its part of the national park. There are several tables inside plus about 6 picnic tables outside. Its basically in the woods so we loved sitting outside enjoying our pizza, which was very tasty. Their salads were also hearty and good. The tables go quickly and many share with others, and its a great, economical alternative to dining in the more expensive lodge.

Here's their website:

We loved being outdoors, very casual & relaxed, and we will definitely continue eating here on future trips!!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I like to have breakfast at the grand lodges in the National Parks I visit. This usually results in a good to great meal in a fantastic setting. Unfortunately that was not the case at Bryce Canyon Lodge. The restaurant, like the lodge, is modest with no real views. I was seated promptly, asked if I wanted coffee and then ignored for 15 minutes. While I was considering ordering from the menu, I eventually gave up and went to the buffet. Poor choice, The eggs had been out way too long, the bacon's appearance was so unappetizing I passed. Settling for biscuits and gravy and a bowl of fruit. I eventually snagged the greeter as she passed by and got an orange juice. The gum chewing waitress showed up when I was about half finished with breakfast.

While your choices in Bryce are quite limited, a microwave choice from the general store would beat this on price, quality, and service.

2  Thank Washburns