“High Prices, Bad Food, No Service”
Review of Bryce Canyon Lodge

Bryce Canyon Lodge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Seasonal - Bryce Canyon Lodge is open April 1 - October 31.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I like to have breakfast at the grand lodges in the National Parks I visit. This usually results in a good to great meal in a fantastic setting. Unfortunately that was not the case at Bryce Canyon Lodge. The restaurant, like the lodge, is modest with no real views. I was seated promptly, asked if I wanted coffee and then ignored for 15 minutes. While I was considering ordering from the menu, I eventually gave up and went to the buffet. Poor choice, The eggs had been out way too long, the bacon's appearance was so unappetizing I passed. Settling for biscuits and gravy and a bowl of fruit. I eventually snagged the greeter as she passed by and got an orange juice. The gum chewing waitress showed up when I was about half finished with breakfast.

While your choices in Bryce are quite limited, a microwave choice from the general store would beat this on price, quality, and service.

2  Thank Washburns
Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Choose the buffet if you are hungry. The Elk chili was nothing special. Good service. Quite a contrast between our hiking clothes and the white table cloths.

1  Thank Lindyhop_Bill
Reviewed October 20, 2013

It is true what the guidebooks say about the Bryce National Park area: restaurant choices are slim pickings! We ate at the lodge twice for lunch after mornings of hiking in the park. The menu offers many wonderful choices. I enjoyed the Cobb Salad and the Portobello sandwich on my visits. My travel mates loved the Elk Chili and Turkey Tenderloin Sandwich. One mate however ordered the Fish Tacos and was disappointed by the hard pre-formed tortilla shells. Of all of the restaurant choices in Bryce this one is heads above the rest and I would recommend visitors to the area eat here at least once for the lodge experience.

1  Thank mcnettcrowl
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were in the park at lunchtime and decided to try the restaurant. The food was very average....buffet at lunch. Not wonderful, but not bad.....everything tasted like it was from a jar or can. Nothing was homemade ! The view from our table, into the park was nice, and the lodge was very nice.

1  Thank cooker72
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Everyone had already warned us about the horrors of trying to find decent food in and around Bryce NP. Well we had quite the pleasant surprise when we stumbled upon the lodge's restaurant for lunch, where we had the lunch buffet. The buffet was reasonably priced, had a very large amount of choice, and even the prices for the a la carte lunch menu were not as shocking as we expected. We arrived when the restaurant had just opened so we got a great, secluded table near a window and it made for a very nice setting for lunch!