“Awful food, worse service....order the delivery pizza”
Review of Bryce Canyon Lodge

Bryce Canyon Lodge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Seasonal - Bryce Canyon Lodge is open April 1 - October 31.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Staying at the Lodge in Bryce makes sense b/c of the location but skip eating at the Lodge. The food was terrible. I had read mixed reviews on tripadvisor but I thought I'd take my chances. They have this weird oil mix (not olive oil) that's been sitting on the tables for god knows how long that they give you with the bread. It is disgusting.

Then I ordered what I thought would be really simple -- bison tenderloin medium rare and vegetables. The Bison was medium on one side and RAW on the other. Like they only cooked one side and forgot about it. It had no salt and way too much pepper. It was inedible.

The vegetables were so overcooked they had no flavor and no nutritional value. And too much salt.

The wine was stored at like 80 degrees so that too was impossible to consume.

And the server was so busy chatting with other tables that I couldn't get her attention even to pay the bill.

DEFINATELY ORDER THE PIZZA THAT CAN BE DELIVERED TO YOUR ROOM IF YOU STAY AT THE LODGE.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We waited a half an hour for a table. My husband ordered the beet salad and a quesadilla. He was disappointed with the salad, the quesadilla was average. I asked the waitress her opinion on which vegetarian entree was more popular, explaining to her that I am vegan and do not eat cheese and try to avoid oils. She suggested the quinoa dish which sounded very good. It is served in half and full portions. I opted for the full portion at $19. When my giant plate arrived there was my mini portion of some sauteed greens, didn't see more than a few grains of quinoa. I took a bite and noticed some parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. I sat and waited for our waitress to check on us to make sure all was well with what we had ordered. She never came by so I flagged down another employee (she said she was the manager) and she admitted my plate did not look right and it certainly should not have had cheese on top. While my husband finished his dinner I waited almost 1/2 an hour for a new plate to arrive and when it did it looked completely different. Much bigger portion and more quinoa. The manager said I was "subject to a free dessert." Huh?? I didn't want dessert, we just wanted to leave. This restaurant thinks it's way more than it is. Don't bother, it isn't worth it! The food and service both poor!

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I expected more from this national park lodge ... The food was adequate but not exceptional. The setting is lovely. The next time I stay on Bryce, I'll travel in to town to eat.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had to wait a few minutes for a table, but the hostess was extremely courteous. The servers were efficient and kept our water glasses full. The menu had something for everyone, and enjoyed the meal and the experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here the one and only night we stayed. Although expensive the food was very good. The service was good, we tend to eat early so no crowd to worry about. While we had dinner we watched deer walk by the window in the parking lot. The table setting is very fancy and this may deter some diners, the prices too. But the food was very well presented and delicious. I had the duck (was better at El tovar) and my husband had the seafood risotto which he raved about. The elk chili is to die for, very good!! The restaurant is convenient for those staying at the lodge and I would eat here again.

1  Thank Wendy N