“Could be so much better”
Review of Bryce Canyon Lodge

Bryce Canyon Lodge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Seasonal - Bryce Canyon Lodge is open April 1 - October 31.
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I expected more from this national park lodge ... The food was adequate but not exceptional. The setting is lovely. The next time I stay on Bryce, I'll travel in to town to eat.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had to wait a few minutes for a table, but the hostess was extremely courteous. The servers were efficient and kept our water glasses full. The menu had something for everyone, and enjoyed the meal and the experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here the one and only night we stayed. Although expensive the food was very good. The service was good, we tend to eat early so no crowd to worry about. While we had dinner we watched deer walk by the window in the parking lot. The table setting is very fancy and this may deter some diners, the prices too. But the food was very well presented and delicious. I had the duck (was better at El tovar) and my husband had the seafood risotto which he raved about. The elk chili is to die for, very good!! The restaurant is convenient for those staying at the lodge and I would eat here again.

1  Thank Wendy N
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was at Bryce with a hiking group and we ate here both evenings. Plenty of choices on the menu. An adequate wine-by-the-glass list and a better beer menu. Most of us really liked our dinners here. A few didn't and tried someplace else the second night, but were disappointed because there aren't that many choices in town and most serve pretty basic food. I'd recommend asking a few questions about the dishes you're considering before you make your selection. Worked for us. We'd eat here again in a heartbeat if we were back this way.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent two days at the Lodge at Bryce Canyon. It is hard to get away these days, with smart phones and tablets keeping us connected. We manage to get away from everyday life at Bryce. We didn't move our car for two days. We could walk to the canyon's rim at sunset, hike from the rim at sunrise, walk to the coffee shop for our morning java fix, walk to the dining hall, and take the shuttle to the visitor's center and view points. The architecture of the lodge is lovely, and I felt close to my parents, now gone, knowing this was the Bryce they saw. The service is slow, but our meals were quite good. The Unita Hoodoo beer is a gem, wish I could find it at home. We didn't eat breakfast, just coffee and yogurt so we could start our hikes. Our dinner was delicious: good bread, spinach salads well assembled with accents, the pasta with salmon was fresh and generous. Yes, the service is slow, but it was a reminder to slow down -- no schedule! The clerk who checked us in on Monday night was still there after we retired, then he was at the desk in the morning when we went for our 6:30 am coffee, and he was still there at lunch and dinner. The staff is working really long hours in the middle of nowhere, and were constantly asking how they could help. My service expectations were exceeded. Now, if Bryce only could get some toilet paper that isn't sand paper....

1  Thank roadtripster57