“My Horse Almost Made Me Like Riding!”

Ruby's Horseback Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the historic Utah countryside on horseback with Ruby's Horseback Adventures. We offer guided horseback tours along the rim of Bryce Canyon National Park and Red Canyon. Enjoy the gorgeous scenery and terrain, complete with red rock formations, "Hoodoos", and ponderosa pine trees. We offer a variety of rides designed to fit the needs of any customer. We offer half day, all day, and adventurous rides for more experienced riders. Enjoy the Wild West in its purest form, and take a ride with us at Ruby's Horseback Adventures today!
Surprise, AZ
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My Horse Almost Made Me Like Riding!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband enjoys going Horseback Riding every now and then, though it is not my favorite thing to do. BUT we decided to go for a 4-hour trip while we were staying at Ruby's Inn in Bryce recently. WOW! What a highlight this was for my husband AND ME! The young people who were in charge (Lindsay & Tyler) were excellent riders and the young man who selected which person went with which horse (without even asking us questions about our riding experience!!!) matched both of us up with the perfect horses! It seemed as if my horse, Pretty Woman, was almost teaching me how to ride! I kid you not! Because of her, the guides and the incredible beauty of the canyons...I really enjoyed myself and highly recommend this company!!!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank KaysKreations

bryce
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“ruby's horserides”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Bad service, unfriendly staff only caring about selling their rides. Horses tied for hours in the blazing sun then bridled carlessly (one horse had its bridle right over its eye on one side but nobody cared), the riders being complete beginners were given 30 seconds instructions not safety, no helmets nothing. Wouldn't recommend it to beginners. Neither to experienced riders as there is only large group riding in walk one behind the other.
Anne, 29th July 2012

Visited July 2012
3 Thank marianne k
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Treat the animals bad”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Horrible people that tie up the horses all day in the heat cruel !!!!!!!!!! Short leads horrible!!!!!! Do not support them.

5 Thank Andre S
West Jordan, Utah
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great guides, calm horses, nice trip”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Our families took a morning tour, the youngest of us was 9 years old. We all had our own horses, we were out about two and a half hours, the guides were very friendly and patient. The horses were very calm. We ended up on the rim of part of Bryce Canyon, which was fantastic. They also took individual pictures of us on the horses, no extra charge for them, we did tip the guides. It was the first time on a horse for many of our kids.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank John D
evergreen, colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Amazing rides, did two on my recent visit”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

When I was in the area I booked two rides with Ruby's, the 4.5 hour Thunder Mountain Trail, and the 5.5 hour Willis Creek ride. The two rides could not have had more different scenery, but both JUST stunning! The first ride I did was Thunder Mountain. Steep switchbacks and a hogback with drop offs, the horses handled it all just fine. Our cowboy guide was such fun, really knew the area and lots of funny stories. The views of the Red Canyon were beyond belief! The next day, we did the Willis Creek ride, a different cowboy guide, every bit as fun and knowledgeable! The views were entirely different, a slot canyon, I have never seen anything like Willis Creek before. There are some steep parts to descend and ascend Willis/Sheeps Creek, but the horses handled it just fine. My horse was far more energetic than the Thunder Mountain one, both terrific horses. Next time I am in Bryce I shall use Ruby's again and check out some of their other rides. I could also see doing Willis Creek again, an amazing spot.

Visited October 2011