“Great guides, calm horses, nice trip”

Ruby's Horseback Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the historic Utah countryside on horseback with Ruby's Horseback Adventures. We offer guided horseback tours along the rim of Bryce Canyon National Park and Red Canyon. Enjoy the gorgeous scenery and terrain, complete with red rock formations, "Hoodoos", and ponderosa pine trees. We offer a variety of rides designed to fit the needs of any customer. We offer half day, all day, and adventurous rides for more experienced riders. Enjoy the Wild West in its purest form, and take a ride with us at Ruby's Horseback Adventures today!
West Jordan, Utah
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great guides, calm horses, nice trip”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Our families took a morning tour, the youngest of us was 9 years old. We all had our own horses, we were out about two and a half hours, the guides were very friendly and patient. The horses were very calm. We ended up on the rim of part of Bryce Canyon, which was fantastic. They also took individual pictures of us on the horses, no extra charge for them, we did tip the guides. It was the first time on a horse for many of our kids.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank John D

evergreen, colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Amazing rides, did two on my recent visit”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

When I was in the area I booked two rides with Ruby's, the 4.5 hour Thunder Mountain Trail, and the 5.5 hour Willis Creek ride. The two rides could not have had more different scenery, but both JUST stunning! The first ride I did was Thunder Mountain. Steep switchbacks and a hogback with drop offs, the horses handled it all just fine. Our cowboy guide was such fun, really knew the area and lots of funny stories. The views of the Red Canyon were beyond belief! The next day, we did the Willis Creek ride, a different cowboy guide, every bit as fun and knowledgeable! The views were entirely different, a slot canyon, I have never seen anything like Willis Creek before. There are some steep parts to descend and ascend Willis/Sheeps Creek, but the horses handled it just fine. My horse was far more energetic than the Thunder Mountain one, both terrific horses. Next time I am in Bryce I shall use Ruby's again and check out some of their other rides. I could also see doing Willis Creek again, an amazing spot.

Visited October 2011
4 Thank dawgg488
richmond, bc
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Even more beautiful scenery”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I took the half day ride into Losee Canyon, in Red Canyon. We stayed in the Ruby Inn Campground and it was convenient to walk down to catch the shuttle. The scenery was beautiful but different from Bryce. The guides took good care of us and the horses were good. I'd recommend this trip.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank thedogsma
Calgary
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable horseback ride”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We went on a 1/2 horseback ride in the Red Canyons near Bryce's Canyon with our teenage son. The ride was very fun and the guides were excellent. We have been on several differnt rides in the past and this one sticks out as one of the best.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank CalgaryHappycamper
Milan, Italy
150 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 285 helpful votes
“a nice 1 1/2 hour ride”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We booked our 1 1/2 hour ride (maned Minnie's favorite) by phone the night before: the man who picked up was quite rude and we were a little worried, especially because for my husband and I this was the first horse ride ever.
The ride went smoothly and I think it is perfect for beginners. The loop is not very scenic as you spend about one hour under pine trees and get to see the rim of the canyon only for 5 minutes midway.
However it is a very relaxing activity and reasonably priced (55 dollars each). They also took complimentary pictures of us and these are lovely souvenirs.

Visited August 2011