“What a breath taking trail!”

Navajo/Queens Garden Loop
More attraction details
Owner description: 2.9-mile hiking trail that leads to rock formations shaped like Queen Victoria and her garden.
Bergen, Norway
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 399 helpful votes
“What a breath taking trail!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I took the combination of the Navajo Loop with the Queens Garden Trail looping from Sunset to Sunrise points. What a breath taking trail! If you can spend 2-3 hours for a hike here I will highly recommend this trail. Start early in the morning (7-8 AM) when there is not too busy and the temperature (at summer time) is OK. (I recommend starting at Sunset Point because the slop up to Sunrise Point is more gradual and therefore easier).

Regards
Svein-Magne Tunli from Bergen, Norway.

Visited July 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great hike”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Moderate hike. Really cool walking amongst the hoodoos. Constant photo ops. We started at Sunrise Point down into Queens Garden and then came back up the Navajo Loop section to Sunset Point before finishing the 3 mile loop by walking along the canyon rim back to Sunrise Point. The climb back up is a little steeper by doing the loop in this direction but it's doable with a few breaks. If you're going to do one hike at Bryce, this is the one.

Visited June 2013
Saint Cloud, Florida
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Must take hikes”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The relatively easy to moderate trails were fantastic and beautiful. I am 66 and had no problem with the trails neither did my daughters 11 and 15. I saw many younger ones on the trail as well. I took many pictures. If you were to explore only one part of Bryce Canyon then these trails must be taken to fully experience the Park.

Aesch Bl
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great hike”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Beautiful, easy hike. Really recommended. But start early to avoid the crowds. Suitable for families

a city by a lake, WA
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Take a hike and be rewarded with a view of a monarch and a mythical Norse god's hammer”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Navajo/Queen's Garden Loop

We started at Sunrise Point at the Queen's Garden Trail and emerged from the Wall Street portion of the Navajo Trail at Sunset Point. I wish I had read previous reviews so we would have done the reverse. Ascending Wall Street kicked my behind! Of course, I'm not the most in-shape 40 year old. Our two boys (9 and 11) and I kept stopping to rest in the shade and drink some water after each zig and zag.

Descending Queen's Garden Trail is considered easy. It offers beautiful views of hoodoos and red rock sculptures. The challenge is staying hydrated and cool. We took our time and took advantage of shaded spots to rest as it was the hotter (hottest?) part of the day.

If you take a picture of yourself at the medallions at Queen's Garden and the center point of the Navajo Trail, you can earn an "I Hiked the Hoodoos!" button. It's pretty cool because you have to EARN the button as opposed to the certificate which you can BUY. (Another option is getting a Junior Ranger booklet and rubbing medallion markings onto the back page).

On the trails we saw squirrels (they look like chipmunks from afar because they're so little). We also saw the mule riders from the Canyon Trail Rides. Don't forget to look for Queen Victoria in the Queen's Garden (the sign with medallion will tell you where to look) and Thor's Hammer at the top of the Navajo Trail.

Next time we will descend the Navajo Trail via Wall Street. I'll also remember to take pictures before the descent. This time I was just happy when we emerged that I kept going without looking back.