“The Best 3-mile hike in the world”

Navajo/Queens Garden Loop
More attraction details
Owner description: 2.9-mile hiking trail that leads to rock formations shaped like Queen Victoria and her garden.
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The signpost at the start says that this is the best 3-mile hike in the world. I wouldn't like to diagree and I certainly want to know of anything better. Go early in the morning and take plenty of water because it is a long slow climb up if it is hot. Allow at least 3 hours because you will want to take a photo every ten yards!!. The rim view is breathtaking but down amongst the hoodoos it is another world.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)
All reviews
"slot canyon"
in 24 reviews

998 - 1,002 of 1,477 reviews

Reviewed September 17, 2012

A fresh view around each corner- I wasn't ready for it to end. Try Peekaboo for a longer version of this.

1  Thank Emily A
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I did this hike about a month ago and loved it! Bryce Canyon with all its hoodoos is certainly unlike any of the other national parks we've visited. We took the Navajo trail down (steep) and came up Queen's Garden (long climb up!). I think we should have done it the other way around because the climb up was endless in the hot afternoon sun. Oh well, loved it anyway...cool things to see around every turn! The hike took about 3hrs with lots of photo and rest stops. A very doable hike for almost anybody.

2  Thank Linda B
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This trail made me feel like a hobbit or a midget wandering around a chess game! The formations were incredible. A different shape appeared around each curve. We ended up by heading up Wall Street, a zig zag trail that went up a solid rock wall and ended up with an incredible view of hoodoos.

1  Thank newcreations
See more reviews
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I had heard and read a lot about the Navajo Trail in Bryce, but the scenery was much more beautiful and dramatic than I had expected, and it was still a managable trail which we did with a 12-year-old child, Going down from Sunset Point was incredible, it looked as if we were going down to infinity and beyond, down, down.. Then we saw a narrow passage to go through. don't forget to stop and look up from time to time, the hoodods overhead are truly amazing.We continued the loop to get up via Sunrise Point, and it continued being amazing. I have done a lot of hiking, but this trail was truly something else: the red hoodos, the very winding trail down, the trees, the little valley at the bottom of the canyon, the sky above.. I will never forget it!

1  Thank ariana60