My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the cabins adjacent to the main lodge during our April trip. We were among the first to stay in them for the season and the area was extremely quiet. In fact, I don't think that our neighboring cabins were occupied, giving it a bit of a creepy vibe.
The cabin is rustic and simple, but it has all of the basics. It does not have a TV, which we liked. We played board games and had a fantastic time.
We didn't eat at the lodge, instead we grabbed supplies from the camp ground store. I am positive that this was the much more costly option, but it was more fun to had a picnic in our room. We are city-folk, so this was all pretty exciting to us and our version of "roughing it".
The best part of the cabins (and the lodge) is proximity to the hiking trails. We were just a few minutes walking distance from a main entry point. On the morning that we checked out, we woke up early and did a hike, making it back in time to shower and leave the room before eleven. It's all about location!
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it. Bryce Canyon is a must-see, it's stunning.
Please visit my blog for pictures and musings of our trip to Utah.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Bryce Canyon, located near the rim of Bryce Canyon, is the only lodging in the Park and the perfect spot from which to launch your hoodoo and spires exploration. Couples, families and groups enjoy up-close access to the Park's rim trails and excursions plus front row seats to stunning sunrises and sunsets. Accommodations include 70 newly remodeled motel-style guest rooms(2 queens or 1 king bed) with refrigerators and microwaves; 40 cabins with gas log fireplaces. Complimentary Wi-Fi is located in the Lodge's lobby and at Valhalla Pizzaria. The historic dining room at the Lodge dates back to the original opening of the Lodge. We offer a varied menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Healthy gluten free and vegetarian options compliment the steaks, chops, pasta, fresh seafood and chicken selections. Our wine list features local Utah Micro-brews, domestic as well as international wine selections. Guests on the go can also grab a snack at the fast-food snack bar in the Park's General Store. Or, order to-go box lunches 24-hrs. in advance to take along on hiking and day-trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Bryce Canyon Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryce Canyon Hotel Bryce Canyon National Park
- Bryce Canyon Lodge Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah