“Our country has some of the most amazing attractions in nature” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Badlands Wall

Badlands Wall
More attraction details
Owner description: A ridge that goes through the park, and is the site of incredible rock formations, which are being eroded, and therefore slowly change over time.
Chicago, Illinois
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Our country has some of the most amazing attractions in nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I remember driving through the area as a child and told my wife I wanted to go back and see it again. We did just that on a whim, took a road trip that brought us to the Badlands at sunset and it was beautiful. We spent the evening in Wall, S.D. and returned the next day to the Badlands for some hiking. While it is simply worth the drive, you really need to take the time to hike the trails to appreciate all this park has to offer. There is one trail in particular, Notch Trail, that has a splendid surprise waiting if you hike to the end of the trail.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Bubs D

Washington, Iowa
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice scenic drive with the family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Got to see how different the land is other than in Iowa. Seen neat wildlife even though it was cold.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank jhastings7
Tryon, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Best night's sleep of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I enjoyed the deepest night's sleep of my life in Badlands National Park, SD. It was perfectly quiet, night noises all insects and the soft slough of the wind, and not a single mechanical sound, no computers buzzing or refrigerators humming or anything industrial at all. In the morning, I saw bighorn sheep and antelope. Wonderful.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank K K
Indianapolis
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“It Looks Almost Alien!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

You've never seen anything like this before. I'm originally from South Carolina and I've never seen landscape like this anywhere in the world. Strange and Beautiful at the same time. Plan on spending a day in the park.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank PastorMo
Delray Beach, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Gorgeous, Stark, Breathtaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you have not been here, it's a Must do trip! And take your time, do not zoom through the 15 or so miles. Take your time to enjoy this wondrous place. You can see bison, goats. You can hike into the badlands and it's not a strenuous one at all. My husband is a photographer, so we made lots of stops. One could take hundreds of pictures, or just sit back and enjoy the beauty.

Visited September 2012