Review Highlights
All we hoped for and more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Junia N
Union Maine
via mobile
A must do

Reviewed September 20, 2018
Tampatrio
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

All reviews bridge tour carriage ride hour tour lots of history peaceful ride horse drawn wagon driver guide private carriage two hours leisurely pace first hand wonderful ride great afternoon rockefeller family make reservations rockefeller jr beautiful scenery
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have planned to go on the Rockefeller Bridge carriage ride for years. Finally, on a cold and rainy fall morning, we headed into the park. Martha and Moses were our Shire horses and Colleen was our transfer. It wasn't long on the trail before Colleen's recounting of the history of the park had us all transported back 100 years or so to the days of wealth and privilege. The rain was, perhaps, a minor annoyance, but the fall foliage was at its peak.....so who really cared ? Our ride ended with everyone wishing we could have stayed longer and experienced even more of the forest. Traveling on the carriage roads in Acadia National Park should be a must do for anyone coming on vacation to Maine.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

Our driver, Kari, was amazing. Her local knowledge, her ability to drive the wagon, her personality - it was a perfect day.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

We took the carriage ride around Acadia last week. Loved going over the granite bridges, they are so beautiful. To be able to enjoy the views and the routes that they took years ago was so much fun. Learned alot about Acadia and the Rockefeller family. Lots of history, lots of gorgeous views! Our horses-Yogi & Boo Boo were comical! They are magnificent animals, you can tell they love to go for the ride as well. I have now seen Acadia from car, the water and now by horse drawn carriage. I recommend going on a ride. You will love it!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Our guide, the owner of the business had so much knowledge of the local area, famous and infamous residents, and the history of Maine he should write text books that all schools should use! He was nice and engaged all ages from our 17 year old to the elderly couple and all were really enchanted with him. What a nice way to spend an hour seeing the carriage roads and hearing the history of the area from the Rockerfeller ownership to now. Really great and they also treat the horses extremely well.

2  Thank Nelson S
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Isabella and Danielle handled the horses and narrated the Rockefeller trails with expertise. We were in awe of the beautiful bridges and granite roads. Will do it again!

3  Thank suzyslp
Reviewed July 20, 2018

This is a wonderful activity. We were traveling with my 83 year old father and wanted to show him the bridges and the carriage roads. This was perfect. At first, I was disappointed I waited so long to book. As all the bridge tours were books for the 7 days we were in the area so we settled on the summit tour. One day while in the area we just went into the office and asked about bridge tours and the girl said they had added some. WOW perfect. It was no issue at all to move our summit tour to a bridge tour. I believe the office girl's name was Jill and she was delightful to speak and work with. They are very dog friendly and had two dogs in the office.

The day of our tour they had two carriages going out the same time but they spread them out a bit. The overall tour was wonderful. You get history that I had never heard of before. The signs and their design was determined by Rockerfeller himself. I always wondered why they didn't have mileage on them. They stop at one of the bridges to let you get out of the carriage and take picture. The whole thing last about two hours.
I would bring a hat, sunscreen and water especially if doing it in the summer. I would make time if you can for this activity.

3  Thank Me9247
Reviewed July 15, 2018

Take a break from hiking and take one of these folks carriage rides and absorb a big part of the history of Acadia and the Rockefeller's along with other important contributors of the forming of the preservation of Acadia. Our guide Andy really seemed to be enjoying his job both in Acadia and the history involved!

1  Thank Jay F
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Our family of four adults reserved a private two hour Rockefeller Bridge tour. We have previously taken the carriage ride up Day Mountain and thought this would be a nice change. It was great! We all enjoyed the scenery and the history.
It can be difficult to make contact with Emily to make reservations before the season starts, so be patient. Early reservations are important as people were being turned away while we were there.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

We enjoyed a 2 hour carriage ride through Mr. Rockefeller's carriage roads. The tour was full of history and was a great introduction to the park, experiencing the roads as Mr. Rockefeller originally intended.

2  Thank naplesmom1
Reviewed July 7, 2018

I booked my tour through a cruise ship excursion, so our carriage ride was about an hour. If I go back, I will definitely book a longer tour with this company. I really enjoyed the carriage ride. The ride was extremely comfortable and our guide was so interesting. She told us so much history and information but it never felt like she was "teaching" us or just reciting the information. It felt like we were just chatting as friends. It was all a nice, leisurely pace, but I felt like we saw several things. I would highly recommend both this company and the experience of seeing some of the carriage roads on your visit to Acadia National Park.

1  Thank TravelerTP