“Excellent hike with just the right amount of challenging spots for active kids”

Gorham Mountain Trail
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We hiked up this trail with our 5 and 8 year old daughters, and while there were definitely some challenging spots, it was just right for us. The kids were excited and felt like real mountain climbers, and we were just as pleased. Due to some rain the previous day, the rocks were a bit wet, and this made for some slippery situations, but thankfully nothing too dangerous.
Great views from the top of the beach, the ocean, and the tree covered landscape inland.

1  Thank Andrew M

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We climbed the Gorham Mountain Trail during our visit to Acadia National Park in 2014. It was a very do-able, moderate hike. The views at the top are fantastic. If you are going to pick one trail ... do this one.

1  Thank Mugsy1703
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was a quiet trail that was beautiful all the way to the top. There are some larger rocks to climb on, but was managed well by hikers of a variety of ages. It took us about an hour up and less going down. Of course, we stopped for some picture taking. The view from the top of sand beach and the Atlantic Ocean are beautiful! Consider this trail and enjoy!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I loved this trail. I wanted to pick something longer, but because of time contraints we went with this option. I'm scared of heights and didn't want to try the beehive, though you can get there from this trail. Total time spent hiking was probably 30-50 minutes. I can't say for sure because my (now) fiancé proposed and I can't remember much after that haha.

2  Thank Chrissy K
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I love this trail; one of my favorite hikes with neat views of Sand Beach from the top. I call this my "comfort hike" as I do it every year. Not too difficult and definitely worth the view. Also, I take the trail to the other end and walk back to the parking lot on Ocean Drive so that I can stop off at Sand Beach and Thunder Hole!

1  Thank Mary L