“Breathtaking views”

Acadia National Park's Hulls Cove Visitors Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Center offering visitors an audio-visual presentation, maps, special events and the opportunity to talk to rangers.
Derby
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Breathtaking views”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Visited Frenchman Bay, Mount Cadillac, Sand Beach, Thunder Hole, Otter Cliffs and Jordan Pond as we toured around the 20 mile Park Loop Road. Fantastic value for the 20 USD entrance fee to this marvellous national park by the Atlantic ocean coastline of Maine.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Meadville, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lovely park”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

The coastline is dramatic, breathtaking really. We drove up Cadillac Mountain, with spectacular views. The road signage in and around Acadia NP could be better; we got lost several times, even with GPS.

Mobile, Alabama
139 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 219 helpful votes
“Don't buy your entrance tickets here - LONG line - very helpful ranger saved us $$$”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

They try to get you to ride the bus and to avoid driving up the mountain, sand beach, etc - but, we had minimal issues other than the long line to get our entrance pass! We waited about 20-30 mins; but, it turned out well for us as we found out my husband was eligible for a free pass due to his military service. (saved us $35)
You can get the passes on top of Cadilacc mtn or at the entrance gates w/ little to no waiting!
Parking can be challenging - but, I like to be in control of my own destiny.
Honestly, we didn't spend much time looking at the displays since so much time was spent waiting in line.

montreal
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“First time I regretted giving money to a National Park!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I will describe my visit to Acadia as I saw it: no explanation of what a visitor is supposed to do or see; no main road to follow in order to see everything; too many little stops to view a place of very limited interest ( a small beach, a blow hole, a view point); a restaurant with very limited seating, opened at limited hours, with a strange menu of popovers and fancy things, in the Maine woods; and, the worst in my opinion, a feeling of being left there in this big place with one mission: see everything there is to see with the time you have, turning around, stopping, climbing or descending paths, looking at something and going to the next thing.

This was land given by the Rockefellers, I understood, for the enjoyment of the masses. Anyone can see the same scenery elsewhere, without paying. The fact that it became a National Park gives it its interest (?) The visitor center is an old thing, out fashioned, with important looking employees who seem impervious to the general chaos surrounding them. I would not dare asking for the Junior Ranger program: confusion reigns. One thing was clear: you pay $20 to visit, which I did. I then went back to my car and started on my way to... what exactly?

I followed the main road, extremely well paved, and ended up... in Bar Harbor! I left the Park without noticing. I came back, looking for the sign I probably had missed and it happened again. The whole thing was confusing and tiring. I wasted a lot of gas doing this and I could not see myself spending a day prisoner of one of their extremely slow buses.

There are stops with cute names where people are supposed to park on the side of the road (if they can find a spot), cross the road (dangerous) and look at something. I am not hard to please but could find no interest there at all. The whole thing gave me the feeling of being lucky to be walking where the Rockefellers once did their promenades. The restaurant makes no sense at all, a fancy, slow place, never opened when you are hungry and serving their specialty of popovers (where did they take that?)

I am still looking for the cafeteria, the nice gift shop but mostly for a sense of having seen this place for a reason. Even a first time visitor to the region does not need to pay for this supposed superior scenery. Any nice place along the way will fulfill the need.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank givemeabrake
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Must Go Here”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We loved Acadia National Park. Even though the weather wasn't great, we had a great day exploring and everyone wanted to go back the next day, which we did! Loved it. GREAT photography spots. Great beach (Sand Beach).