“Wow!”
Review of Precipice Trail

Precipice Trail
More attraction details
Owner description: Half-mile long trail for experienced hikers at Acadia.
Clinton, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hike was very intense, but worth every drop of sweat. You scramble up rocks, crawl along ledges, and climb lots of ladders. At the end, you get a beautiful view. Don't be fooled by the distance: it's only .9 miles, but that took us 1.5 hours. It's not recommended that you go down the way you came up. The trail to get down takes you back to the Loop Road, but you have to turn right and walk maybe half a mile.

Visited October 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fogged in Views, Strenuous Hike”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hike pushed us to our limits--mental and physical. We did this hike when it was raining and foggy. The hike, which is already difficult, was made much more difficult by the slippery rocks and ladder rungs. We didn't get the view that looks amazing from others' photos, but we enjoyed the mental test! I would do this hike again in a second if I knew that we could get the views! I would not take children on this hike, it is strenuous and is one of the most difficult hikes in the park.

Visited August 2012
Marietta, Georgia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A challenge in parts but worth it!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Scramble up for some of the best views in the park, and take the gentler way down round the backside of the ridge for some peaceful vistas.

Austin, Texas
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Best hike ever.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We've done a good bit of hiking and this was one of my all time favorites. While parts of it are a bit challenging, overall nothing too scary with views that go on forever. Probably not a good idea for young kids or novice hikers, but you don't need to be super man to enjoy this hike.

Rego Park, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“THRILLER !!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I and another couple did this trail 09/02/12. We are range from 35 to 51 years old. I must tell you this was the best hike I've ever done. it gave me a great feeling which is with me days after...

I did Angels Landing, Zion NP, Utah, Lower Dewey Lake trail in Skayway and Miles Canyon trail in White Horse, Precipice is the shortest and more difficult.

Thank you for the trail makers, I felt quite secure on the way. I did not think I could make it without the iron rungs and iron step ladder. IT IS A GREAT TRAIL BUT YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION ALL THE TIME, ONE MISS STEP WOULD SEND YOU STRAIGHT DOWN TO THE ROCKY CLIFF!. It was cloudy went we started then the rain came down on us on the second half of the trail, the rocks were vey slippery. The view was so beautifull even in the rain. Follow the advice from one of the tripadvisor review, we took the South Ridge trail down (nice trail & longer), since we did not want to go down against traffic on the Precipice and it may be more difficult.

We had enough people on the trail not too crowded even thought it was Labor day weekend.