“Nice hotel”
Review of Arkadia Hotel

Arkadia Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kypseli
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hotel is good and services. Hotel owners will be happy to explain where you can see what the attractions of the island. Outside the pool is excellent, rooms also. The only criticism was that breakfast was not at the level of the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jovicevic
There are newer reviews for Arkadia Hotel

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have to say I am amazed by the rave reviews of this hotel that I have read. We were two families that had booked two one bedroom apartments over the phone and we had specifically asked for identical rooms. We were assured that we would be given two identical apartments and were asked to provide credit card details in case of a no-show.
When we arrived, before even being shown the accommodation, our credit card had been charged and my husband was asked to sign. When we were shown the two apartments, the one was lovely but the other had a very dark bedroom with a small window overlooking the corridor.
We asked if we could move or cancel the booking but the owner made no attempt to appease us and was extremely arrogant in his responses saying that 'This is my hotel and I can do as I please.' We were very shocked by this behaviour as being people in business ourselves, we know that the customer isn't always right but they should be treated with respect and with the purpose of resolving the situation to everyone's satisfaction

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank travelbuff j
Reviewed July 24, 2012

When I was planning my holidays I was imagine a good company, a peacefull place, a good hotel with lot of facilities and less money to spend as possible. If I had to give a grade at the end of my holidays up to 10, I would give 9/10. Arkadia hotel helped a lot with the friendly staff. I created bonds to remember till my next visit to Zakynthos.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Andreas G
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We have just returned from a weeks stay at Arkadia Hotel. The welcome was very warm and friendly, everything was very well run, with maid service daily. The food was excellent and the staff could not have been more friendly. The hotel is in a quite location with excellent views of the mountains and the sea. A quite holiday in peaceful surroundings, excellent value for money, thank you for making our stay such a good experience. Sue & John Cooper, June 2012

Room Tip: All rooms have views so don't think you will be disappointed, but would go for the upper levels...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank susan c
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This year we had the pleasure of our 2 yr old grandson (Jacob) and his mum and dad's company during our stay at Arkadia. It was Jacob's first visit to Arkadia and he loved every moment of his 2 weeks there.
It all started when Angelos met us at the airport. Jacob and Angelos formed an instant bond and became very firm friends. Mind you everyone forms a friendship with Angelos,his family and staff.After a couple of days Jacob was greeting everyone in Greek, much to Angelos' delight,and every day he was picking more and more words up. Oh and Jacob and Angelos Greek dancing was a sight to behold.
Jacob hit the nail on the head when one morning he said to me. "Grandad I like Angelos's house." So it would seem that he too has been bitten by the bug. It is very easy to see why many return time and time again.

Myself and others have all commented on how clean the hotel is,and how wonderful the food is. I'm pleased to say that Angelos' very high standards are still maintained. Jacob loved the food and Mery even concocted special dishes for him.
It was lovely to bump into previous guests and chat about old times, yes Ann and Norman, one week is not enough.
The economic crisis has not helped Angelos and his family and staff, but they work very very hard to build up business. Most of the reviews on here are 100% genuine and are a true reflection as to what your holiday at Arkadia would entail.Sadly you will always get people who like to moan and slate hotels etc. Shirley and I will be there in September again and feel free to buy me a beer if this review has helped you.
Oh and as for Jacob.......................he has to wait until next year,due to arrival of his little brother in October.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank telWarwickshire
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our short break to Zakynthos and couldn't fault the hospitality showed by Agelos and his lovely wife Mary. The hotel is small, run solely by the family which makes the hotel feel as though you are staying with family. Mary cooks all the food, freshly produced by the family, and it is to die for. The food was plentiful and the choices amazing....my favourite starter was mushrooms a la creme and main course i would recommend calmari and chicken or pork a la creme. The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of the nearest town Tsilivi which is great for a relaxing time, but you would need a taxi or other transport if you wanted to visit the town. All we wanted was to relax for a few days, which is what we were able to do. Our stay was at the beginning of June and we are comtemplating going back very soon for a little longer, hire a car and see some of the island....just need to make sure i'd be back for food in the evening!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a corner bath....lovely! Think we were in 302...?
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Arkadia Hotel back in 2006 with my parents. They visit the hotel twice a year and have done for a good few years now and have become very good friends with Angelos and his family. Our most recent stay was in May this year and this time we traveled with our two year old son. Angelos met us at the airport, Jacob (my son) took an instant shine to him and by the middle of the first week he was Greek dancing with Angelos and greeting him and saying good night in Greek ! Angelos and his family couldnt have been kinder towards us and we were treated with a genuine friendship, we were made to feel very at ease in and around the hotel.
Before I wrote this review I read through some of the others and found one that said Angelos didnt like children in the hotel, I couldnt disagree more, Angelos and his family and staff were great with our little boy, making him laugh and chatting to him.
The home cooking at the hotel was fantastic, especially the Stiffado, in fact we stayed at the hotel for most of our evening meals.
The rooms were spotlessly clean, the staff were always available and the pool was crystal clear and clean.
We stayed in one of the "smaller" rooms and it was more than large enough for the three of us.
I would highly recommend staying at Arkadia Hotel.
Thank you to Angelos and his family, Angelina, Christina and their friends Anne and Nick for making Jacobs first holiday so special.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GDale
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kypseli
Lesante Blu Exclusive Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Agios Kirikos
Balcony Hotel
Balcony Hotel
#3 of 51 in Tsilivi

Been to Arkadia Hotel? Share your experiences!