“Nice view, friendly staff, spacious rooms but not quite a 4* hotel with all inclusive package.”
Review of Tsamis Zante

and 1 more site!
Tsamis Zante
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kypseli
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We just left zakynthos island and tsamis zante spa resort. The overall impresion is good, but not excellent as we expected. The hotel is build on a nice place, but has no beach in the true sense, and the water was not so cristal blue. The staff is friendly, although they moved us in a different room after 3 days, because they needed our room for a larger family. The food was good, but i must say that my husband doesn't share my opinion in this matter.
I was expecting more giving that the price is high.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank lucciola_licurici
There are newer reviews for Tsamis Zante

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I purchased an all inclusive holiday on www.onthebeach.co.uk for myself partner and two children 6 years and 1 and a half, we travelled with another couple and their baby daughter of 5 months.
It was advertised as entertainment, kids club, close to beach, had a photo of really nice white sandy beach, well, this was not the case, this hotel has NO ENTERTAINMENT what so ever! There is no beach, and the closest beach is pebbly. On arrival we were told we should have requested cots for our babies before hand, even though we had a problem with the booking as they couldn't fit a cot in the room we booked initially and had to pay extra to upgrade to seaview.
The view is amazing,and lovely to wake up to every morning, the breeze from the sea is refreshing. The reception staff forgot to run through times and facilities etc,we were handed remotes for air con and tvs and left to it. beds were never made, when they changed beds they would fit the bottom sheet and leave a folded sheet on top of each bed, last thing you want to do on holiday make up four beds every day. The bathroom was basic, shower curtain sticks to you as you shower and there is a lot of limescale on shower heads etc nothing gets descaled I noticed not even the pool screen. There were no full length mirrors in the rooms, the hair dryer was 700w and drying long hair took forever, the handle got so hot I had to wrap a towel around it. apart from that rooms were acceptable seeing as we only slept there.
The bar staff were unenthusiastic, they worked really long hours and looked really fed up half the time! I witnessed one member making a client feel really uncomfortable by muttering under his breath that he had been working all day and he is not an octopus,he was not under pressure at this time as the bar was empty,we re named him Octopus for the rest of the holiday he did see the funny side of it. most guests went to bed by 10pm, we actually followed people to see if they were going to their rooms and they were! great if you want a really relaxing holiday with nothing to do and early nights every night. The music at the bar was at times suicidal, depressing, people would just look so miserable.
The food was good, but not much variation, the meat was always cooked so well, it would just break apart under the fork it was so tender.there was always watermelon at night, breakfast was always the same, fried eggs, omlette or scrambled egg, bacon, baked beans, frankfurters, mushrooms, tomatoes, them a few cereal options, jams, fake nutella, bread, not sliced you have to ask for this, and kiwi peaches, nectarines.
there were ants everywhere around dinner tables and bar unavoidable, we must have eaten a few. There is only 1 computer in the lobby which was a nightmare as kids would always fight for it or hog it! The photos must have been taken a while ago as the outside looks worn and tired in need of some renovation. the waterfall mentioned was not operated at the time we were there.
The lobby was nice and building looked freshly painted.
They have put up an orange screen between the baby pool and big pool so hard to keep an eye on kids different ages, would not have chosen this if I had known. The playground is basic, the pool table doesn't work(the white ball doesn't come back out if you get in by mistake) and it's 2 euros a go.
Not everything is included in all inclusive, and you get told quite abruptly when it's available or not. the manager served behind the bar one night and refused my little girl ice cream, I wanted to cry for her, the next thing I know it gets placed on our table after my partner had a rant.
The cab to Zakynthos the main town is 20 euro each way so quite costly, the hotel is far from anything, you can walk 10 mins to nearest supermarket but you can't walk anywhere else, it's very remote and very rural.
The good things about this hotel were that we had a very relaxing holiday, the views were spectacular and being on the beach was a real positive. it was hard keeping the kids entertained but there were other children there and they all tried to play despite language barriers, there were mostly Greek, German, Eastern European guests. very few British. we made the most of it focused on the positive areas of the hotel. would I return, I'm afraid not and I'm really sorry if I have offended any one but this is my honest opinion.I felt let down by the booking operator and ripped off as I didn't get what I requested in my search options.
Hope this has helped some people.

Room Tip: Rooms are small, If you need an extra bed and a cot you must have sea view as these are the bigger r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank anita225
Reviewed August 22, 2012

i was there with my boyfriend for a week , this mounth. Were only 2 things which we really liked at this hotel: the view which is really fantastic and the fact that is clean. The rooms are big and look exactly like in the photos. But also we were very disapointed because we had a lot of ants "playing" around in the room, also we had a big problem with the bed. We almost couldn't sleep because of the terible creaks of the bed. We complained each day to the reception because of this , and every time they said they will resolve it, but of course they didn't . We left from the hotel more tired than we came.. Anyway also for you to know the hotel is very hard to find if you drive till there and you don't have a good navigation. Kypseli is quite far from Zakynthos and from all the nice beaches you can visit. For sure we will not go back there and definetly it's not a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Hotel is in a more quiet part of the island but has a fascinating view. The facilities utilise the location and place at best.
The closest "night live town" is Tsilivi (5km away) so the car or a scooter is a must (or pay 12 EUR one way for taxi) - be carefull: local drivers have "their own" traffic rules...
What downgrades everything positive in this hotel is the quality of the food!! Avoid the All Inclusive option at all costs. Based on recent experience it is more Full Board than anything else. All the food, beside poor quality in comparison with what you can get in any other restaurant, is boring and repetitive.
Staff is doing their best but hits their limits quite soon.
If you want to stay on a more positive vawe don't stay more that 5 days.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with sea view in the main buidling. Avoid the rooms in the buildings in rear side of th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom186CzechRepublic
Reviewed July 4, 2012

IF READER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A RELAXING,TRANQUIL,CLEAN,FRIENDLY AND WELCOMING HOTEL THEN LOOK NO FURTHER....
My husband our 10yr old and I have just returned and are going back later this year( 1st time we will have returned to the same hotel abroad)
The hotel is perfect its not to big,at its fullest it would hold 170 guests and because of this you feel like a guest and not just a number.The fact that the hotel is family run makes it that bit more special.Tsamis Hotel is set on the sea front with steps leading into the sea,it has 3 different seating areas at 3 levels with ample beds to choose from.The food is lovely greek food cooked by Marina.
The staff are so friendly and love the English.The manager and his family took our boy maximus out with them on three different occasions. Theo works the bar and would always greet us with a smile making us feel welcome.Angela on reception was lovely she is greek Australian so any thing you need to know Angela would help with(without any launguage barrier)
The hotel is suited for couples and famlies,its just 10mins ride away from Tilivi (10 euros in a taxi or 1.60 euros on the bus) if you wanted a day or night out in the busy greek resort,the bus finishes in Zante town if you wanted to get you 1.60 euros worth!!!
If we had to pick a fault with the hotel it has to be the choice of music played especialy at breakfast it was played low(thank goodness)but still enough to be heard, it was suposed to make you feel relaxed,it didn't it sounded like elevater music.If anyone from the hotel is reading this PLEASE change your music!
Sea shoes are best worn in the sea you can buy them from the supermarket just up the road for 5 euros,the sea is the warmest ive ever swam in and most of the time is as still as a lake.Book your transfer with Angela on reception just email the hotel a couple of days before your visit 25 euro from airport.
We were all inclusive and booked through Asda travel they had the best price on the Tsamis.

Room Tip: Book your transfer email the hotel Angela on reception will book you a taxi 25 euros from the airpo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shellandpaul
Reviewed December 26, 2011

My partner and I stayed at Tsamis hotel and we had a great time. The food was really good, staff really friendly (although not all of them). Denise was outstanding, couldn't be more helpful and friendly! The hotel is situated just opposite to a private beach, they have inflatable mattresses that can be used by the guests for free.
The drinks available on the 'all inclusive' menu are not very impressive, but are drinkable!
Our bedroom was really spacious and the bed was quite comfy.
Great hotel choice for a family holiday, kids would love that.
Down sides of the hotel is that the double bed was actually to single beds joined together and so there was a gap in the middle. Also the toilet needs urgent renovation! We could see it had been cleaned but it was dark, we had to hold the shower and I couldn't touch those bath curtains!!
The hotel was a bit far from everything... Not the best location for those who want to go partying every night.
Overall we would definitely recommend and stay there again!

Room Tip: I don't know if they have been renewing the bathrooms, but I would request a room with a renewed...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carlacarlacarla
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The hotel is nice, but the staff is excellent! Special thanks to Diamandis and the rest of the staff for offering us a very enjoyable stay. The room had a gorgeous view of the sea and of Kefallonia island. The bathroom though could have been nicer and a larger variety of food would have been more than welcomed. That being said, I think this hotel is one of the best options for accommodation in Zakynthos, after seeing many other hotels till I arrived to Tsamis Zante. Renting a car is necessary if you want to visit the rest of the island or to go downtown. A cruise around the island to see everything that it has to offer is mandatory.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kypseli
Mabely Grand Hotel
Zante Maris Hotel
Zante Maris Hotel
#8 of 51 in Tsilivi
Tui Sensimar Caravel Resort and Spa

Been to Tsamis Zante? Share your experiences!