All reviews restaurants and bars excellent location star hotel zakynthos noise euros
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

On approach the phoenix hotel is impressive. Our double room with side balcony was ok for us but the shower and toilet is crammed into a small space with your wash basin in the tiny walk through to bathroom. As the food goes,breakfast self service scrambled eggs,sausage,etc always cold. Very hard to make eye contact with waiting on staff. Did get noisey and quite annoying that childish immature locals take great fun in revving motor bikes very loud and constantly riding them past and around hotel. Really does need stopping, if you want quiet then I would not come here. I would say to the phoenix, invest in soome good quality sound proof double glazing throughout and give your paying guests peaceful nights of sleep instead of us having to listen to the grand prix that goes on every night.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PHOENIX_HOTEL_ZANTE, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Dear john h,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience staying with us. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.Please allow us to express my sincerest apologies.

We are really sorry to hear you had a bad night's sleep because of the noise from motor bikes passing. We currently investigate this issue with our night auditor, intending to address simiral future incidents to the local traffic police. We wish we became aware of this inconvenience earlier, as we would be happy to provide a room move for you.

It is unfortunate that you feel you did not experience full service excellence during your stay and we would be delighted if you would afford us the opportunity to rectify this should your plans next bring you to Zakynthos.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2018

This is a lovely hotel but I book because it has a roof terrace pool and bar but nowhere does it say that these do not open until 1st June so we had to go to Kalamaki to use a hotel pool there. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. A good choice for breakfast and very helpful staff. Also note that as of Jan 2018 all 4star and above hotels on the island have a tax of 3 euros per room per day. The location was good as we were able to use buses to get all around the island during our stay. .

Room tip: Upgrade to a room with a balcony as the views over the harbour are fantastic
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank welltravelledoap
PHOENIX_HOTEL_ZANTE, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for taking time to write this review, however it seems that you stayed in another hotel, not the Phoenix Hotel. Our hotel is 3-star, located right next to the Solomos square in Zante town and at the present does not provide roof top bar and pool.

In any case it would be a pleasure to have you as our guests on your next visit in Zakynthos.

Kind regards,
Phoenix Hotel

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Nice clean room but not too big , nice modern interior , friendly staff . Better to choose the front rooms that have nice view . Don’t think the price is value for money but it’s ok . The WiFi was poor sometimes when I was outside at the veranda

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PHOENIX_HOTEL_ZANTE, Υπεύθυνος Ρεσεψιόν at Phoenix Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the readers of Tripadvisor.

It is absolutely fantastic to hear that you liked our room and the hotel's interior. It is a pleasure to hear as well, that our staff could exceed your expectations.
We are currently making some improvements to expand our wifi range and provide full coverage.

We hope to see you again at the Phoenix on your next visit in Zakynthos.

Warmest regards,
The team of the Phoenix Hotel

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Me and my husband were forced to stay at this Hotel , as the current resort that we booked decided not to open in the period of our travel and this was the only alternative they offered .
The hotel looks very good from the outside and from the lobby / restaurant point of view , with a very modern look , but the room we were allocated ,a standard double room , had nothing to do with the image created by the hotel.
Is true that the bathroom looked very nice and modern, but what a huge discrepancy comparing to the bedroom . It had to most simple/basic room design that I ever saw , it only had a double bed with plain wood headboard and 2 floating sideboards attached to it and a dressing table with a chair , a very old fridge ( which actually was worming up the air in the room and didn`t seam to work properly). Than had a Tv hanging on the wall with only 1 English program , all the rest were in Greek ( obviously count not use it , not even to listen to music......nightmare ) .
The wardrobe comprised of around hangers and no shelves or drawers where you could put your clothes .I really feel sorry not to have taken photos to show you .
Our room was 211 on the side of the hotel, with a partial sea-view from the balcony , but if you stay in this hotel be prepared not to rest and sleep, as it`s located in the city centre , just in front of the Port and the noise nuisance is terrible since early morning to very late night , as just bellow the balcony is a very busy road . We literally could not sleep or rest properly , due to the noise and the double glazing didn`t help at all.
Also seems like the guest are smoking in the rooms , as the smoke smell was very strong in our room. The sockets did`nt work properly , as to be able to dry my hair , I had to hold on to the plugged wire with my foot, for the entire process , or to ask my husband to hold it for me.
And the most disappointing fact was that , even thought the hotel was 3 stars rated......... HAD NO COFFEE & TEA FACILITIES in the rooms .
About he staff now....... considering our particular case with the accommodation switch and all the inconveniences cause by that , we requested in advance a sea-view room , which obviously wasn`t allocated and the receptionist , Filippos , did`nt gave me the impression that he is willing to help in any way , he only nodded , blaming out intermediars for not making the request . But still, for the rest of our stay , Filippos had a good attitude and was willing to help with our requests , keeping his smile on the face every time he will greet customers , unlike one of the receptionists from the late/ evening shift , which when I called for an adapter, he tried to make me go to get it myself from the reception , had exactly the opposite reaction comparing to Filippos , wouldn`t smile at you and will look very disturbed if he will be called or asked certain things .
The breakfast was very very poor , with very limited food options , but will get a plus for the baristas coffee and cappuccino offered 1/person at the breakfast only , which unfortunately we found about.....in our last morning
Overall , I would NOT recommend this hotel if you are intending to have a relaxed holiday, there are so many other resorts and hotels !
Hope that helped !

Room tip: Rooms on the right side of the hotel , near the terrace are very noisy
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cristiana I
Reviewed October 27, 2017

The location is unbeatable, Reception staff very helpful, rooms are simple no fuss and comfortable. The bathroom has excellent shower and lighting .The restaurant was very convenient, the food was OK but nothing special.The higher floors offer an amazing view and are quieter.

Date of stay: October 2017