“Warm, high quality service and good food in this family owned restaurant.”
Review of Ammos Taverna

Ammos Taverna
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dine in the historic St. Dennis square, while enjoying the marvelous port's view, with cool breeze under τhe shade of eucalyptus trees..P.s. public playground also available
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at this restaurant. The food was good and in generous portions, the service was great and the owners where warm and professional. They even treated us to some shots on the house at the end!

The prices where on par with the rest of Zante, but it felt like we got a much better time out of it.

2  Thank Radu W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was the best place i've eaten in Grecee, very nice location,on the seashore,fresh food,very nice staff.
We felt great!

1  Thank Marian Catalin P
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I haven't traveled a lot,but still enough so that I can say this is the most remarcable place I have ever been. I am in confusion what's best....people who work there,ambient or food....in fact everything.
Stavros delight us with his kindness,hospitality and above all with the environment he made. Yes it was just like at home. Food was delicious,nice arranged especially because of the smile we were getting with it.
So...Stavros..fish was very tasty,your hospitality worm and your brandy strong :-) It was honore to be your guest. Hope we'll se again. Wish you all the best!

2  Thank StrikovicS
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you visit Zante and you want a great, traditional meal do not miss this lovely taverna. Ammos is a long established, family run taverna in a delightful setting which delivers a relaxing dining experience offering delicious freshly cooked food. The young man who served us spoke excellent English, and clearly didn't mind doing so, but also patiently listened and encouraged me whilst I had a go at ordering in Greek. We visited Ammos Taverna for a late lunch, I didn't plan staying too long in Zante Town but discovering this restaurant made me extend our day out and it turned into one of the highlights of our short 4 day holiday on the island.

1  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Of the 9 tavernas I ate at during my 2 week stay on Zante, this was without a doubt the best one. Great traditional Greek food, wonderful scenery on the cutest little square overlooking the harbor and most importantly a staff that will go the extra mile to make you feel at home. Our waiter, Stavros, taught us some Greek expressions and told us all about the best places to go on the island. Needless to say, we came back to ammos a couple times.

2  Thank MaartenKrieckaert