All reviews infinity pool sea view tsivili beach courtesy bus welcome drink hotel bus animal lovers mini market free minibus town centre half board meal times storage space all inclusive option stayed all inclusive all inclusive guests towels changed daily
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2019

I stayed here for 2 weeks in June 2018. My room was very clean and comfortable. It had a nice balcony, but only a view of the front of the hotel. However there were trees and countryside views.
The staff were excellent and I loved the shuttle bus to the beach and town.
The entertainment was good, but there could have been more of it, given the remote location.
I loved the pool and the large terrace, as well as the beautifully furnished lounge areas. I also enjoyed having the dog there and the cats outside. I love animals!
The only downside was the food. The breakfast was ok, but as for the rest of the time, I could really only eat the salads and potatoes. This was very disappointing.
However, I enjoyed the holiday and have booked for June 2019. I loved that it was adults only!

Room tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel have wonderful sea views, however I could not book a single with a sea view thru Jet2
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2019

The location of the hotel is good and the view as well.
The breakfast was not bad, the hotel is definitely not 4 stars as you feel that is old.
The worst think about this hotel is that during our visit both the reception girls were NOT polite, we opted for two double bedrooms and we received in both rooms two single beds!
After arguing for two days we managed to get the one room double! However, their behaviour was bad (they just seemed they had enough ) and this had ruined our experience.
The other couple stayed all days in a double bed room with two single beds (they have inserted something in the middle of the beds, a cover, but still it was not a double bed room)
If I would visit Zakynthos again I will definitely not stay there.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2018

We spent a week here, all inclusive in one of their suites. It was complete and utter bliss. We had plan of going out and visiting different places as well as going to the hotels main pool which looked absolutely beautiful, but our room was so breathtakingly gorgeous with the views and pool we did not want to leave ( only for food and drinks that is ) every member of staff are friendly and helpful and the bar man in the evening (cannot remember names!!) was wonderful and always remembered what we drinking. Veronica was so friendly and made such an effort with us. There were two men, one very young and the other older who cleared people’s tables were so sweet and they were such a pleasure to see every day, wish I could remember their names that be able
To thank them!! The BBQ outside was unreal, my partner thoroughly enjoyed that especially the chicken and pita bread. The main chef was extremely friendly and the food was amazing!!!!!!
This whole hotel works perfectly and turned out to be one of the best places we have ever been to. I still look back on our pictures and long to go back.
Don’t worry too much about the dress code, I know I did from reading other reviews. As long as the men are wearing long trousers it really doesn’t matter and they all staff are extremely polite.
A massive thank you to you all at Avalon.
ευχαριστώ!!!

Room tip: Pick a suite with your own pool
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2018 via mobile

Some people have asked even argued with me on my experience when it comes to reviewing holidays hotels etc! My ex-partner of 7 years is co director of a very successful independent travel agent, and over those years have travelled much at various levels from package to tailor made holidays. I myself am a fully trained ex executive chef who’s worked in the hotel pub and commercial sector. I have run a successful facilities maintenance and cleaning company for over 10 years, and for the past 11 years have worked in the Bed manufacturing industry concentrating on commercial contracts mainly hotels and gust houses.

What can I say about the Avalon Palace Hotel in Zante? The views from the back are outstanding, It’s clean it’s elegant and the staff are absolutely lovely!
However the Beds are the most uncomfortable I’ve ever tried to sleep on, we managed to get a topper which did mean the beds could be joined together but it was a feather topper was very hot and didn’t offer much more by way of comfort! In all I’ve supplied better quality mattresses to UK prisons and nursing homes.
I understand fully the tight budget the hotel works on, the agents take far to bigger cut of the profits than the hotel gets but the food here could be so so so much better. I struggled to find anything by way of variety to keep me going most was tasteless not very Greek and sub standard.the pool is very shallow if your anywhere near 6ft tall to keep your shoulders under you’ll have to walk on your knees, the pool shower needs to be outside so people use it properly as after 2 days the water went very cloudy and remained so for the whole 10days. All inclusive is not really all inclusive even coffee is no longer free after 11pm (they turn of the machine) the inclusive free bar stops at 11 also, non branded drinks and syrupy cocktails are only available to all inclusive if you want a Jack Daniels or Smirnoff etc. Don’t expect bottled water for free either you have to use the coffee machine for that too bottles are available from reception at extra cost! The toilets in reception had a nasty habit of locking you in but I’m sure this will be fixed by next season! It’s a shame the crazy golf is no longer here but On a good note there is the best crazy golf course I’ve ever seen in Tsvilli a short taxi ride away! I’m hoping for your sake they replace the pool loungers also. The ones there this year 2018 summer were well worn and no good for a bad back!

The cleaning trolleys need softer wheels for the marble hallway floors, the rumble of these at 7am could wake the dead! (Including me and my wife)

Over all a great holiday was had, more due to the staff the island itself and outside restaurants to many to mention!
Ps
Men will need collared shirt and trousers, lady’s no short skirts or tops that are too revealing whilst in the restaurant eating or otherwise

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank neilh516
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Myself and 2 friends recently stayed for 5 nights. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful most the time, we did get in impression they want you out the way after dinner. The views are breathtaking! The food was ok most days but could definitely do with being looked at as it lets everything else done. We got a great deal so for what we paid it was worth it

Date of stay: November 2018