“First Time”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went there recently to experience something different from the typical casual dining chains and individual restaurants that are around. The location within Price Plaza could mean that you have to put up with the Movietowne and Pricemart traffic to get in and also finding a park on a weekend would prove to be a bit problematic.

The menu was quite extensive at around six (6)+ pages and the prices seem to be in line with what the other fast casual restaurants charge. I had the lamb chops and my wife had a pasta. Generally I would rate the taste as slightly better than most other like restaurants because I like spice and the food here had some spiciness to it. Portion sizes were good.

Service was ordinary.

2  Thank Nis N
There are newer reviews for Mr Rango Cookhouse and Bar

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Located in The Price Plaza mall in Chaguanas,half way between Port of Spain and San Fernando.Very safe surroundings with plenty of parking and security.
Staff are very welcoming and attentive .
The bar has many interseting unique drinks including a range of specialist UK Beers and a wide
range of cocktails with an excellent mixologist.
The menu is an interesing mix of Tex Mex and some unique dishes.Something for every price pocket.I tried Empananas,Guacamole and Cuban Coconut Shrimp.All were good.
Portions are very generous and good for sharing.
They have many TV screens showing Music Videos,Sports,News etc.
There is also a small outdoor terrace if you prefer to avoid airconditioning or want to smoke.
Well worth a visit.

1  Thank NEILCAntigua
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I just came back from a trip and I was invited for lunch, so I accepted the invitation. I was offered the executive lunch , menu it was a variety of dishes, I chose Pasta which it was well cooked not too soft or too hard just perfect, excellent flavour , very rich and it was just made , the portion was excellent more than enough for the price. I will come back many time to try other dishes

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Went here cause I heard that the owner was a chef from another establishment in chaguanas and wanted to give it a try. The decor is nice for the space that's available and the atmosphere is very inviting. The service was very very poor to be kind and the food seem to be overpriced and over hyped. I ordered the lamb chops and my friend ordered the a seafood dish with cheese. (can't remember the exact name) when her food arrived we thought it was a sample that they were offering us to try because the potion was so small for $125 but it was the main course. I also though my lamb chope was pretty small for $150 but figured I was already there and might as well enjoy it. My meal was 70% bone and rice. When I got my bill it stated $250 for a rack of lamb, when I told the waitress I ordered adn got the lamb chops she went to the back and came back only to tell me it was her fault but she mistakenly ordered me the rack of lamb and thats what I got and the prce was $250. Knowing at that point I would never comeback there to eat I just paid my bill and left. Not before hearing the customer next to me compalin that he would not be back either as the server recommended the steak in chocolate sauce and he said it was the worst steak he ever ate and he would not be paying for it. Well like I said of my entire experience the drinks were reasonable and the decor was nice. Would probably go back for a beer but would not go there to eat or recommend it to my worst enemy.

3  Thank Davie M
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ended up visiting this cozy restaurant yesterday by accident since the Ruby Tuesdays right next to it was closed and we were very pleasantly surprised.
The menu had unusual items to choose from, like a side of lamb ribs for a starter, and a tequila pork dish for the entree. Our waitress wasn't the most happy as she seemed either a bit tired or sorry to be there but she was very pleasant and attentive as the time went by.
Our food was the right temperature, very well presented and extremely well seasoned and delicous.We will definitely be back soon!