“Good food, good service, good value”

Dalgarven House Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Kilwinning
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went for meal with my better half and had a lovely time. Meal was served in the 'conservatory'. Home made soup was as it should be, wholesome, hot and fresh. Main course, steak pie, was hot and tasty. Nice pastry and gravy. Potatoes cook to perfection. Veg slightly crunchy (I know a lot of folks like veg this way, but I prefer slightly softer). Waitress was very polite and cheerful. Overall a good experience and one which will have us coming back for more. Good food, well priced.

1  Thank buzzardmobile
There are newer reviews for Dalgarven House Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed May 2, 2013

we use this place quite often for a wee meal out after work on a Friday or maybe some lunch after shopping at the weekend - the food is always top.
the service is great as well but the biggest thing is value for money!

The food is always fresh and tasty and the price is competitive with most of the cheaper places in the area.

a bit out of town but worth a drive.

They do a steak night one night a week (cant remember what night) but its exceptional Scottish matured beef for the same price as a cod and chips at nardinis!

Get out here and try some of this good Scottish fayre!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Visited for lunch on a recent snowy day. Very picturesque, everyone in the bar as the conservatory was closed. Bar was better with a country pub feel, friendly, chatty customers, a roaring log fire and snow falling outside. Lunch menu good value but there is only one vegetarian option. A lady had asked if they do sandwiches or paninis, but they only appear to do a standard menu. Would be good to have options such as baked potatoes and salads for something lighter.

1  Thank dms_10
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been going to the Dalgarven for dinner over many years and we have never been disappointed with the food, staff /service. No matter the reason for our visit, birthday, christmas the food has been excellent.We recently went along for Valentines night and again the food and service was second to none. We would recommed this hotel to anyone - give it a try.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

my husband and I decided to celebrate our first wedding anniversary at Dalgarven. We had went there on our first date and he proposed to me there so this was a very special place for us both. My sister and brother in law had arranged for a bottle of wine to be served with our meal and had been to the hotel to pay for this in person. After the meal I asked the duty manager about our bottle of wine and was told there was no record of such a payment being made. My sister had tried to pay for the wine with her maestro card and this didnt work and then had went to the hotel in person to pay. I explained this to the duty manager but he was quite adamant no such payment had been made. This was in front of a busy bar so I was very embarrassed. I telephoned my sister when I got home and she was furious. She had the receipt in her hand for the bottle of wine. She telephohed the hotel and was told that the person who had received the payment was not working that night. We then both went to the hotel the next day in person and was approached by a young duty manager who immediately gave my sister the money for the wine and said little else. I explained that it now was not about the wine, this was to have been a very special anniversary and this had been marred by incompetencies within the hotel. I then asked who the owner was and did he know, I was told yes he had been told about the situation and was not happy with the duty manager. I really feel that the owner should have spoken to me in person about this. My husband and I have dined in Dalgarven since we met 3 years ago and considered this a special place for us. Definitely NO MORE. I am extremely disappointed with the way the situation was handled. I have still not received an apology from the owner or indeed the duty manager who I spoke to that night. Very poor practice. Very very disappointed with the way this was handled and certainly no consideration or compassion was shown for what should have been a very special night for us both. The management failed to see this side of the situation and focussed on returning the money and giving me a bottle of wine the next day. We will not be returning to Dalgarven and I think the owner needs to seriously considered how this situation was handled.

1  Thank daniel h