“Seven Star Everything !”
Review of The Seven Stars

The Seven Stars
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Now me, l'm a real pastry fan. l reckon l could go on Mastermind about 'Shortcrust' ! Friends tease me, but l remain defiant ! So, when several people strongly recommended l go to 'The Seven Stars' in Thornton Hough for 'The Steak and Ale Pie', l was apprehensive to say the least...No one can pull the pastry over my eye's ! l'd also heard, that the staff here are 'the best'. Having had two restaurants myself some years ago, l decided, l will be the decider of that ! Mentally, l ticked the boxes with ease. The customers knew the staff, and the staff knew the customers, and the friendliness towards newbies hovvered over 'Perfecto' ! My pastry arrived...sorry, ''Steak and Ale Pie. lt came with tiny garden peas, and fat trendy chips. l had noticed ''new potatoes'' on the menu, and wondered if l could possibly have a couple. ''Consider it done'' said the couldnt - be - more - helpful- Paul. l like this place mucho ! Not only was l chuffed to bits with my meal, but the staff made me feel special (something soo many places get wrong with the solo customer) l'll definately be back soon for another fix of this place...with it's 'wrap around friendliness'...and omg, that pastry !

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've just had Sunday lunch at the pub and chose the beef option. What a disappointment. The one course cost £9.95! The beef had been well cooked, and mine was not appetising. There was a choice of potatoes, in addition to the new potatoes, but these were small salad type ones cut in half. I suppose that way they fill up more of the plate.
The waitress could do better, we felt that although she asked the right questions, she wasn't really interested in our answers, and was looking elsewhere whilst we were answering. No evidence that she was remotely interested in what we were going to say.
After clearing the dinner plates away she asked if we wanted dessert, we asked if she could give us a moment to decide. We gave up waiting for her return and after 10 minutes left.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

went with my inlaws who live in the area had a lovely meal, have to disagree with the previous review that everything was bought in because we asked for two dishes to be altered to our own personal preference and this was done without hesitation, my mother in law loves fish & chips but hates the batter( i know its the best bit) the very friendly young waitress offered to grill her fish instead, i was very impressed & my wife asked for no peppers in her vegetarian dish and that was also done without hesitation.
Cant comment on the desserts because we were too full, but what we had was very good and value for money

1  Thank daverob72
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I went to the seven stars with colleagues a few years ago and wasn't impressed then. This time I was looking forward to a nice meal but as the Wheatsheaf doesn't serve food on a Monday, found myself there again. Mistake: The food is clearly bought in - and cheaply at that. I had a broccoli and Stilton soup followed by a Steak & Ale pie. As to the soup, I've had better cup-a-soups and whilst the pie looked good, it was fatty and tasteless, as were the jacket and peas. On the plus side, the waitress was really attentive and pleasant. She warranted the tip but I begrudged paying the rest of the bill.
Best avoided unless you are a Brake Bros shareholder.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely pub situated in the rural village of Thornton Hough! Food was delicious!! I had the chicken strips in sweet chille sauce to start followed by fish and chips! The portions were big and the food was fab!! Great pub food!