“Afternoon tea treat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thornton Hough
cheshire, uk
“Afternoon tea treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I booked afternoon tea for my partner's birthday at this hotel via Red Letter Day. Apart from a little disturbance caused by some work bring carried out at the bar everything was perfect. The service was first class, the tea and cakes excellent. When something was finished (tea, sandwiches), we were offered more. Although the hotel looks rather random from the outside, it is extremely nice inside. We thought it looked good for a wedding or large dining party.

• 5 of 5 stars
Annie M, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighed to read how much you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea with us.

I very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed here last week I wasn't going to write a review before I saw the weight watchers reviewer how wrong you are I had a starter and a main course and was more than satisfied but the food was that good I made room for dessert not cheap but worth it you don't get 3 rosette food for cheap and the wine list is very reasonable for the standard of this hotel so I think that reviewer should take his business elsewhere if you don't know what good food and service is!!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Janef112
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighed to read how much your enjoyed your dining experience in The Lawns Restaurant.. We are extremely lucky to have such a dedicated team and who are extremely passionate about providing the very best in fine dining.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Balsall Common, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The staff were all friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived until we checked out.
We enjoyed one of the garden view rooms which was superb.
The food was a taste sensation.
We also took full advantage of the spa and leisure facilities - again we were made welcome by both the staff and members alike. The Gym is undergoing an equipment update so should be even better next month)
We enjoyed it so much we booked rooms so we can return with our family later in the year.

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade - We had a garden view room - Great view, balcony, King sized bed, very relaxing.
2 Thank Martin D
Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review!

I am so happy to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am delighed that everything was to your liking.

I look forward to meeting you again later on in the year!

Lancaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

If you go to Weight Watchers this is the hotel for you. Went with 6 other friends. No problem with breakfast. However at dinner the main course at £25 was the size of a starter and the starters and desserts at £8.50 were miniscule - 4 or 5 mouthfuls. Cheapest wine was £26 a bottle. I am a small woman with an appetite to match but left the table hungry (the men were still starving) so went straight to my room to consume the biscuits provided, of necessity, by the management who have so far dismissed our complaints with a 'can't imagine what the problem is' type e-mail. Service extremely slow in a half empty dining room on our second night. When I enquired whether there was a problem I was informed that they weren't doing fast food. Too right. Cordon bleu? Sacre bleu! Longed for jam roly poly and custard. R Speak; Up North

Room Tip: All rooms the same I imagine. In modern block.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Rosemary S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am sorry that you did not find the food in the Lawns Restaurant to your liking. Our Times Brasserie is also available and offers dishes which would appeal to various tastes and appetites as well as our daily specials board. Our Lawns Lounge menu also offers deicious food from light snacks to a more substantial meal.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business I eat at a lot of high end restaurants and I've got to say this is by far the best I had the pigeon / seabass and chocolate delice the presentation and flavours were amazing service was very good too. Rooms very clean would definitely stay again

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tommyt190
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighed to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and especially your kind comments about your dining experience in The Lawns.

I hope to welcome you again very soon!

northwales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

we booked via the offpeakluxury website , we opted for the spa deal one which inc a £50 voucher per room , we paid £99.50 each for b&b , dinner allowance of £34 each and the spa voucher , we got a wonderful room on the ground floor , with patio doors that opened on to the grounds , the bed was massive and very comfy , the room was smart , the bath room had a tv built into the wall so you could sit in the bath and watch the telly. you need to phone the spa to book your treatment days before , i left it to late and they were fully booked , so i used it in the hair studio , i did book the races package but when i arrived they said i could not use my voucher towards a package which i was a bit disapointed with , so i paid the extra £15 to get my hair and make up done separately. we ate at the lawns , we used our dinner allowance against the taster menu , which is £75 pp, you get 8 courses , i loved it , all tho it s only a few mouth fulls each course i was full by the end of it . we used the spa briefly in the morning , we went in the steam room , the snow cave , i think i lasted 30 seconds init , far to cold on the feet , the outside hydro pools , i found it all really clean and not busy .
we had room service when we arrived , i opted for the cheese board , oh it was lovely . we also had room service breakfast , that too was really good .
my only complaint would be £9 for the cocktails .
when booking it i was a little worried it was going to be very posh and snotty , but it was not the staff were very friendly . i would go back , would have to save up tho

Room Tip: if you our a smoker ask for the ground floor
    • 5 of 5 stars
Annie M, Guest Relations Manager at Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor and for awarding Thornton Hall a wonderful 5 stars!

I am delighed that you chose to celebrate your 'Anniversary' with us and enjoyed staying in one of our luxurious boutique styled bedrooms. It sounds like you both had a wonderful time which is lovely to read.

I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while attending a wedding at a nearby venue, very nice good breakfast and pleasant staff, good value for money, located well and easy to find if we visited the area again we would stay here

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Webb1113
Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

I am delighed that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope very much to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton Hough
4.0 of 5 stars 229 reviews
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa

Been to Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!