My husband and I chose to celebrate our silver wedding here as we knew it would be 'special' and we were not disappointed. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and our room overlooked the gardens and gazebo: with its own balcony and sitting area. The bed was very comfortable and roomy and there were tea and coffee making facilities available. To top it all, I could soak in the bath whilst watching the in-built television in the bathroom! What luxury! In the restaurant for dinner
we decided to try the taster menu which consisted of about 10 fine dining courses and, whilst not cheap, it was definitely a memorable experience! The staff were extremely attentive and knowledgeable and were able to explain each delicious course to us as it appeared. The dining room is comfortable and cosy at the same time, with traditional dark wood panelling and a large fireplace. Breakfast the following morning was also served here and there was plenty of choice. I was happy with the fruit and cereal on offer but my husband went for the full English which was fab!
During our stay we visited the spa and found the facilities very clean and comfortable. As well as the pool, hot tubs, sauna and steam room there is a gym with friendly instructors to meet and greet you. In fact all the staff that we came across in the health club were extremely kind and helpful. After our swim we had a coffee and read the (free) papers in The Times Bistro. In fact the sun came out so we could sit outside in the sunshine and were lucky enough to see a wedding taking place in the distant gazebo!
All in all we had a lovely time and would like to thank all the staff for making our anniversary into such a memorable occasion. We shall return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious Spa Resort - 20 minutes from Liverpool and Chester. Free high speed Wifi throughout the hotel, including all bedrooms, Smart TV's now in every bedroom offering a huge selection of channels and interactive services including Sky Sports 1,2 & 3, free car parking. Nestled in the Wirral Countryside and conveniently located for Manchester, Merseyside & North Wales. Our luxurious four star hotel offers state of the art conference facilities for up to 650 delegates & event management along with one of the finest Spas in the North West, offering an amazing array of spa treatments and spa packages to suit everyone, both Holistic and Clinical treatments. 20 metre pool, outdoor Hydro Spa Pools, Gym, Sauna, Steam Room, Tranquility Suite and New Rasul Room, makeup styling Suite and additional dual treatment room. Plus Golf Breaks playing at Heswall Golf Club one of the finest courses in the region. Delighted to be Headquarter hotel to the R&A Open Golf Championship 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Hall Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Hall Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Thornton Hall
- Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa Thornton Hough, Wirral