We booked the Waterside Pavillion for our daughters wedding on 6th September 2013.
From our first visit we were treated like VIP's. we were received each visit and offered tea or coffee by a cosy fire in the French room of the main house while we discussed options. The owner took time to show us all the marquees and the main house. He patiently showed us the various cottages and apartments available to rent for visiting guests.Around 30 of the grooms family spent the days around the wedding in various cottages.
We opted for the smallest marquee located in a picturesque dell with views to open fields.
In the months running up to the wedding our frequent phone calls or questions were greeted with courtesy and helpfulness by all the office staff. We felt we were known as individuals and not just " another wedding" .
On the day we were in the capable hands of the events manager and his staff who ensured that despite the rain everything ran without a hitch. Our chosen caterer from the recommended list was magnificent and nothing was too much trouble.
We had a truly wonderful day in an idyllic location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning Cheshire venue for weddings and celebrations both large and intimate, whilst also the perfect choice for meetings, conferences and corporate events. Exclusive use Manor House- 200 dining Lakeside Marquee- 500 guests Manor House- 22 double bedrooms, 12 Cottage & Mews apartments. Whether planning your wedding, looking for the perfect venue, a place to stay whilst in on business, or a country cottage getaway - Thornton Manor is the perfect venue to relax and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Thornton Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornton Manor Hotel Thornton Hough
- Thornton Manor Thornton Hough, Wirral