Thornton Manor
$68
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$134
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel(Bromborough)(Great Value!)
$51
Travelodge
    Leverhulme Hotel & Spa(Port Sunlight)
    $138
    Woodcote Hotel(Ellesmere Port)
    $81
    Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
    $60
    Riverhill Hotel(Birkenhead)
    $116
    $97
    Agoda.com
    • Breakfast included
    $112
    • Restaurant
    All reviewslakeside marqueemusic roomwedding venuethe cottageswedding breakfastservants quartersgrooms cottageeast lodgewedding receptionbeautiful venuebride and groomwonderful weddingnext morningmagical experiencecapable handscatering companyran like clockwork
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I was a guest here for a family wedding last year.
    The venue is simply stunning. The wedding reception and ceremony were both held in the main house and it was executed brilliantly. Lots of fantastic places for photographs.
    Sadly there are a couple of points that really let the place down. Firstly the rooms. They are lovely with big comfy beds but in my opinion they are very over priced. Especially the smaller rooms which are nothing special. My biggest bug bear was that they do not provide keys for the rooms. This meant that when I went to my room I would find random guests giving themselves a tour. As it was a large wedding and I did not know everyone I was nervous of leaving valuables about.
    The thing that really ruined the day was the elderly gentleman who I guess owns the place. He was rude to a number of guests including the wedding party. I was shouted at for putting a wine glass on a particular table. I would hate to cause damage to an antique but if it is that valuable then hide it from guests or leave a polite sign. The worst part was him spontaneously deciding that children had to leave at 8pm. If this is their policy then guests should have been forewarned. This meant the majority of guests either had to leave with their children or spend the night in their overpriced room instead of the reception.
    Should you book this as your wedding venue? It's worth the hassle but make sure you set boundaries before booking and ask for a different master of ceremonies because their one is rude'

• Stayed: September 2012
    6  Thank luxurybackpacker7
    Reviewed April 30, 2013

We attended our friends wedding reception at the Manor on Saturday 27th April 2013, the setting is superb and the grounds were lovely, the room in which the reception was held had been prepared to a high standard and the food was superb. Staff (& Harry) we all very attentive during the course of the day and everything went smoothly (which was a concern to me being the best man!!). We didn’t stop at the Manor as we have quite a large family however I understand that it isn’t cheap but clearly you do pay for what you get. Highly recommended and even better when the weather is good!!!

Room Tip: The cheapest....
    • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
    Reviewed April 17, 2013

Please please please read this review before booking thornton manor for your wedding! Recently had a family wedding here and it was a nightmare! Very very expensive and the manager phill is extremely arrogant and rude!!! Never answers calls either! Beautiful venue but definately not worth the hassel trust me! If you do book this venue make sure you have everything written clearly and signed by phill before you pay him and he messes you about!

• Stayed: April 2013
    22  Thank sanah30
    Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Thornton Manor in October '12 and it was a magical and memorable day. The venue is stunning both inside the manor house itself and the grounds it is set in. All the staff at Thornton Manor worked incredibly hard to ensure the day ran smoothly.

Having the wedding in October we weren't expecting good weather however the weather gods were kind to us and it was a lovely sunny day. So much so that our drinks reception was held on the patio overlooking the gardens which was a something we weren't expecting to be able to do.

For our catering we used Barrett's Caterers and can thoroughly recommend them. Michelle works so hard and she was full of helpful tips and advice on the run up to the big day and she really put our minds at ease. On the day itself she and her team worked tirelessly to ensure everything went off without a hitch. The food they served was of exceptional quality and we had so many compliments after the wedding about the food - describing it as 'the best food they have ever had at a wedding', and 'of 5 star quality'...which speaks volumes!

We loved every minute of the day (which went too quickly) and I can thoroughly recommend Thornton Manor for a truly memorable wedding day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
    Reviewed February 21, 2013

Claire House children's hospice would like to thank Thornton Manor for their continued support hosting excellent events in the most prestigious settings. They never cease to amaze us with their constant willingness to accommodate our every need. It is with help from our community that allows us to keep helping all the families that we do. Our event guests always leave having experienced a fabulous evening. There really isn't anywhere else like Thornton Manor around this area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business