“Not quiet as convenient as advertised.”
Review of Hotel Stadt Karben

Hotel Stadt Karben
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Karben
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Booked this hotel on the premise that it was very close to Frankfurt. It is, within relatively easy driving distance but the roads can be very busy. Not that easy to spot it sits at the end of a block of flats and shops. Although we arrived after the required check in time our room was not ready. The restaurant, was not open during our stay. The manager recommend the Italian restaurant about 150 metres away. Good advice the food was good and the people friendly. Not expensive.
The room was large with an elderly looking TV which claimed to be able to receive one BBC channel, it couldn't. The bathroom was fairly small but adequate. The shower looked a little dated but all was clean. Towels pretty thin and careworn. Interestingly the beer bottle opener is chained to the bathroom wall. Practical but odd.
Staff helpful WiFi good and the hotel was happy to print off our boarding passes.
The S Bhan station is a short walk away and pretty scruffy. We drove into the City rather than use the rail.
Two supermarkets close by.
It's a basic hotel in need of a re-dec. Good for a couple of nights but not more.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike056_11
There are newer reviews for Hotel Stadt Karben

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel is a so basic and old hotel.The place is out of center city, so quite and natural.Train station is only 5 minutes walk away and you can access to main station in 15 minutes by paying 4 Euro.The furnitures and goods like towels etc.. are very old.The reception get closed on 10:00 PM.So you must take your room key with you when you are out.

Breakfast is very poor.There is an old couple (I think the owners) working at the reception, and they don't know what is laughing..They seem hotel receptionists like at the horror films.You get afraid of them..

The price of a single room was 98 Euro during 2012 Achema Exhibition.The central hotels were 250-300 Euro at this time..For a cheap solution you can think for this hotel especially during expensive exhibition times.But for normal times central hotels are better choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rubens_tr
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was one of those places where you should stay if you are at leisure in Frankfurt. the place is remote from the city, about 45 mins by the train.
Lovely locality, very quiet, serene and residential.

The caretaker lady leaves at 8 so ensure you reach there for 8. We opted for a 11PM checking while booking, but thankfully reached there before 8. Wonder whether to blame hostelbooking.com - which provided the option to check in so late - or the caretaker, who was unaware of it! Anyways, the lady was quite co-operative so that dint mess up our trip.

Couple of eat outs around, a club and a garden. Enough for a relaxing time!

Room Tip: Lots of options for rooms - 1, 2 ,3 ,4 bed rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I stay at the Comfort Inn every year while attending the Frankfurt Book Fair, and the hotel's price and location are ideal for a week-long visit. Door to door, the trip to the Messe is only 40 minutes and there are several stores en route to the train station (which itself is a mere 10 minute walk). The hotel is clean and comfortable, the staff professional and courteous, and I'm always happy with the breakfast spread every morning.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bookwormDC
Reviewed October 9, 2009

As Sales Manager Germany for a large Ferry company, I spend 4 days a week in verious Hotels throughout Germany. This is the most friendly hotel that i have stayed in so far.
From the moment that i walked through the door to the moment that i left i was made to feel at home. ( Even down to being able to have a cup of PG tips tea.) This is a first in Germany. All staff were at all times more than friendly and no wish was too great. This is one hotel that i will be back to the next time i am in the Frankfurt area. The room size is more than a lot of hotels that i have been to so no problem there. I cannot wait for my next trip to Frankfurt. I KNOW WHERE I WILL BE STAYING ( Have a guess)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank paul5639
Reviewed August 26, 2009

My experience in this hotel is completly opposite to that of Jeff's. I had been to Karben on a business trip for almost 12 weeks. I stayed in this hotel for that entire period. The hotel management and the hotel staff made me feel like home here. This hotel has lived up to its name.
The people at the reception were very friendly. They spoke english and german. They also helped me and my collegues plan visits in and around Karben. Request for additional towels or any other requests were attended to promptly.
We did not have any complaints with the breakfast either. Breakfast was as good as in any other good hotel in Europe. I have been to a lot of places in Europe and I found that all the hotels charge for breakfast. So it is no surprise that Comfort Hotel in Karben charge for breakfast.
The rooms are very spacious. Single rooms itself were as big as double rooms in a standard hotel. I have been in single rooms in other hotels in Europe. There is barely enough room for one person to walk. Also the bed in other hotels is very small. The bed in this hotel is one of the biggest I have seen. Single beds can easily accommodate 2 people.
Hotel manager and the restaurant manager were very friendly and helpful. We could customize our pizzas and spaghettis. Hotel manager helped us plan our trips, take care of our requests.
Also I saw that this hotel was the preferred choice of all the companies around Karben. I saw that most of the people visiting Karben on business trips stayed at this hotel. Here they also have a conference room.
All in all I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel and would definitely stay at this hotel again if I visit Frankfurt or Karben

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank riptris
Reviewed October 3, 2008

I was in Germany for work and stayed a couple of extra days on my own so I used my points to get a hotel room for a couple of nights.

When I was waiting to check in, someone was before me, the hotel clerk was very rude to her. When I checked in she seemed impatient. She didn't explain anything to me at all. She just handed me the key to my room and told me where the elevator was located. When I went up to my floor, the lights were turned out in the hallway. Only the emergency lights were on. I noticed light switches outside of each door, but didn't know they turned on the hall lights temporarily till I found my rooms door. When the switch was turned on the hall lights would stay on for a minute. The room was ok, small beds and a very small TV. I would rate it as a 1 star hotel. The room was far worse than any Comfort Inn I have ever stayed at in the past.

There was a sign in the elevator that said that breakfast was from 6:30-9:30, no other information was with it. I went down to breakfast the next morning. The layout was horrible, there was't much choices and the food that was there didn't look that appealing, but since this was a comfort inn, I assumed there breakfasts were for free and couldn't really complain. I almost felt like they put out poorly cooked food so they wouldn't have to spend that much on breakfast.

When I checked out, I was charged $10 euros a day for breakfast, about $17-18 USD. The breakfast wasn't worth it at all. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. The only good thing about it was that it was close to the train station and could easily get there and back without a problem. Other than that, I would warn people to stay away.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karben
Hotel Quellenhof Karben
#1 of 1 in Karben
No photo provided
Ambiente
#1 of 1 in Karben

Been to Hotel Stadt Karben? Share your experiences!