“So much potential”

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
exeter, UK
“So much potential”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is such a cute little shop and could have so much potential but myself and a friend didn't find staff particularly welcoming and it seemed more of a 'locals place' and quite old fashioned. It could be great as it is in a good part of the town but needs updating and changing before a Costa or Starbucks comes along and does it instead!

2 Thank alexsharp

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I called in here and ordered a hot dish which is preprepared and microwaved and some coffee, 35 mins before an appointment. Some 25 mins later I hadn't received the food (hence no score for food) and asked to cancel it as I wouldn't have time to eat it.Instead of warning me to begin with that there would be a wait, or apologising for the delay in serving my dish, I was told I couldn't cancel it because it was hot food and just going to be served and I couldn't have my money back. I was talked to very aggressively as if I had transgressed. As I said - quite calmly, well in that case won't be back. That's a shame as I am local and shall be spreading the word. A sincere apologetic tone, refund or no refund would have gone a long way. Absolutely zilch customer relations skills I'm afraid.

• Visited January 2013