“Wow wow” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rusty Pig

Rusty Pig
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
devon uk
“Wow wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We went last night with another couple there were 10 other people who we didn't know on the table which we were told about on booking. It was a fab evening of food that robin and his team cook. Before each course of which there were two appetisers and two starters main and two desserts.
Robin introduced each course and suggested which type of wine to drink. Only one of the courses was pork (starter) which was a selection of four types of pork served with pickles, a crab soup served with a spider crab profiterole, the main was mutton served with sweetbreads,black pudding between potatoes green beans and other things sorry I can't remember them all! For dessert we had a cherry omelette thing served in a pan between two and an individual Forrest fruit meringue creamy yummy thing.
All the courses were beautifully presented, It was a very relaxed enjoyable evening and the food although if I saw it on a menu I wouldn't have pick it I have had my eyes and tummy opened to a new world. Thank you robin and team we will be back and would defo recommended to anyone to give it a go you won't be disappointed

3 Thank buzzy08

Reading, United Kingdom
“Rusty Pig's Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great breakfast. Good value. Proper food. £8 for sausage, bacon, black pudding, hogs pudding, fried egg, beans in spicy tomato sauce, and soda bread. With spicy ketchup and a kind of chutney thing. Everything butchered, baked, made and cooked on the premises. And they grow their own pigs. And friendly people. Definitely worth a visit.

2 Thank cmhutchings1
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Robin made me like crab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Never been a fan of crab, but Robin has turned me. Saturday 2 August, great freinds and food what more could you want? Except a fantastic host and chef, the food that was served was fantastic from the starter salad to that panacotta....mmmmm panacotta. Sorry were was I?
Ah yes, food, chicken livers were also served in blackcurrant vinegar I think he said, anyway they went down a treat along with roast garlic home made pasta. Next up was the crab, crab brioche topped with fenugreek along with a crab bisque spiced with curry and fenugreek seed. Lush.
The main was pork and sausage and bean cassiaand was tasty as can be and the pork fat just melted in your mouth. Then we get to that panacotta served with a berry compote and lavender biscuits, oh my god it was good.
Now Robin sets a great table and you never know what your gonna get, but you better turn up hungry. I left waddling I was that full, maybe I was as greedy as a rusty pig but I wasn't going to let anything go to waste it was that good.
The drinks situation is bring your own, or contact the rusty pig before your visit to have wines supplied and matched to the menu of the evening. We just took our own as we didn't know this could be done until chatting with our host after a great meal.
If and when you visit, if you like spice, I dare you to take on Satan's sausage.
You have been warned.
Anyway thanks again to Robin and Emma for a great evening and we will be seeing you again in the not to distant future.

2 Thank Writeoff79
“Breakfast and buying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nice set up with cozy rustic feel. Genuinely nice and interested folks running the shop. Breakfast has been a great addition. Can't wait to go back for evening meal.

Suggestions: an amazing bacon bap as an alternative to breakfast - it was too big for my wife!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, England
“Why wouldn't you?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Wonderful, wonderful food, lovingly prepared and served in a comfortable, informal setting by a team of people happy to have you in their restaurant. Don't miss out on this place.

• Visited June 2013