“Better if we had had children”
Review of Wildwood Escot

Wildwood Escot
More attraction details
Owner description: Escot is known as the Natural Place for good reason. In the 220 acres of parkland, threatened native species such as the iconic red squirrel and the secretive water vole have found sanctuary in surroundings steeped in history and filled with beautiful plants and champion trees. Meet Escot’s family of otters, wild boar and the stunning birds of prey. There’s woodland to explore, wetlands to navigate, a maze to solve and so much more.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Definitely a child orientated attraction. Impressed with the level of education and fun they are providing for the youngsters of the area. The Anglo-Saxon camp looked fun as the children we saw were learning to use old tools to cut wood and bake bread.
The otters were fun but one has to go at feeding time in case they hide in their holt.
The sculptures were also fun to look at and explore.

RobinSavill, General Manager at Wildwood Escot, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review - I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Whilst the majority of our visitors are families with young children, we aim to provide a fun and educational day out for visitors of all ages.

Our education department continues to go from strength to strength and it is very nice to hear that you were impressed with the facilities available.

I hope that we will see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Wildwood Escot

Reviewed November 27, 2013

The red squirrels fantastic
Great friendly staff
Lovely food
Visited twice to watch the feeding of the squirrels at 1pm everyday
You can get so close to them
Plenty of parking
The sea horses were lovely also
Loads to do for children and adults well worth a visit

RobinSavill, General Manager at Wildwood Escot, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thanks very much for your lovely review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to Escot.

I would like to point out to readers that due to an increase in the Seahorse Trust’s commitments to conservation projects, both in the UK and abroad, it has not been possible for live seahorses to be kept on display here at Escot since February 2013. However, our red squirrels, otters, wild boar and birds of prey continue to delight and entertain our visitors!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

A really great small attraction in Devon, very reasonable entry price. A full days worth of activities and adventures for children, but going as a couple was equally enjoyable. Friendly staff, and lots of things to see and do.

Thank you for sending in your lovely review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed meeting Escot's friendly staff and, as always, I have passed your comments on to our hard working team.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

What a fab place to visit!! We took our two year old on a grey Tuesday, not really sure what to expect. It's s ten minute drive from our front door, and a place I had visited regularly as a child (the now defunct "shop" area, which used to sell rabbits and other small animals), but had never paid to head over into the gardens etc. Well, I was so surprised! Indoor soft play barn, maze, woodland walk, plenty of animals, favourites for us being the otters and the birds of prey.

I'd highly recommend. We're thinking of investing in the annual pass, so we can pop down on those Sunday afternoons, regardless of the weather!

RobinSavill, General Manager at Wildwood Escot, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed discovering what Escot has to offer.

It is great to hear that you are thinking of visiting us regularly and I do hope you will take advantage of our multipass membership. For the cost of just 2.5 visits, it provides unlimited access to Escot plus other benefits too, such as a discount in the Coach House Restaurant and Gift Shop. For full details please visit www.escot-devon.co.uk

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

A great place for a walk, stunning grounds, a wonderful eatery and a small garden centre to wander around.

1  Thank aytch

Thank you for sending in your lovely review. I am so glad you had such a nice time here at Escot.

For the benefit of future readers, I would like to point out that the garden centre you describe is actually our pond plant area, where we stock a small selection of aquatic and marginal plants to complement our range of cold water fish.