Review Highlights
Already have submitted one

Already have written a review. Please see through my posts previously written. . But just in case... read more

Reviewed today
Valerie S
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Such a lovely place to wander round on a wet day. Friendly, informative staff.

I had some vouchers to use to get cheaper (and one was free) bulbs and the assistant helped me use... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
COLYTO

All reviews garden furniture large restaurant plants and trees sunday visit reasonable choice excellent garden cakes bbq equipment wet bank holiday quality plants lovely place to wander round arts crafts lots of choice panini coffee and cake few hours worth a visit
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2019

Even though there are other garden centres closer, ie:- Plymouth, Tamer view Endsleigh , etc we always come here.
Their plants are admittedly more expensive, than other garden centres, the quality is there.
I have bought 3 shed out buildings from them, garden furniture, which was very competitive, surprisingly, and the staff always helpful.
Been coming here for years, when it was Mr. Martins establishment, and has come on in leaps and bounds.
The coffee shop is good, but have to say the fruit scones, have changed, and not so big as they use to be.
But fine for us.
The place is always packed,

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

I'd not been here before and was quite impressed. There is a wide selection of shrubs and trees and the plants looked good quality. You can also buy tubs, compost, pruners, gloves etc. I ate in the cafe/restaurant and although not cheap, the food was tasty and arrived quite swiftly. A numbered pole issued when you place your order helps them track you down as the seating area is big and busy. The large books/cards/sweets/kitchenware/ornaments bit is a temptation so it could be an expensive visit if you lack willpower. Alternatively, you might get all your Christmas presents purchased early.

Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

We’ve been visiting Otter Nurseries for many years now, and always make a good day of it. We love taking new and old friends visiting from up country.

Not just full of plants for gardeners, but homeware too! I especially like the book section.

We enjoy the food in the cafe, and have done so many times, however it’s a little too canteen like for us and we like the tranquility of Joshua’s next door.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

A nice finish to our plant shopping. Rather a long wait, however busy Sunday its to be expected.
Tasty with good mix of vegetables. We will go back

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

I visited today and got what I needed easily. The staff were helpful, one lady got her colleague who was more knowledgeable.
We know the place very well however my father is disabled and today used a stick. He did not want to take his wheelchair. It is possible to also borrow one from the garden centre.
The toilets, including 1 disabled, are in the centre of the complex. It was a long slow walk for my father when he felt the urge to go! It would be useful to have extra toilets by the restaurant.