Our guide was Zolani, who was a very experienced, knowledgable, affable guy. I cannot rave about the place more, staff could not do more for you, the drink and food was free flowing, and very good. The fear about all inclusive is extra charges, we had none of that, whatever you wanted to drink, was freely given. Take the canoes out, boat trip to Kenton on sea, were all part of the package.
We did 3 days at Ukhozi and 4 at River and would recommend that as both offered something different.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the Bushman's River, this Lodge is unique in that it connects a Big-5 Kariega Game Reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry guests through the quaint sea side village of Kenton-on-Sea. Inside the Lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, enjoy the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the river. Twice daily safari drives, guided walks, river fishing, canoeing and river trips are included. Accommodation, all meals and local beverages are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Kariega River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- River Hotel Kariega Game Reserve