We arrived for a three day safari on what felt like the hottest day of the year! Needless to say before we got more than 10 minutes out on our fist safari we had to turn back because of the massive thunder and hail storm - so dramatic and brilliant! We went on to see so much during our three days - what an experience! Loved that this was a relatively 'small' game lodge . Great atmosphere and wonderful rangers. Would recommend to anyone. And malaria free!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the banks of the Bushman's River, this Lodge is unique in that it connects a Big-5 Kariega Game Reserve to the sea. Our optional daily boat cruises ferry guests through the quaint sea side village of Kenton-on-Sea. Inside the Lodge guests can find a quiet spot in one of the lounges, page through a book in the library, enjoy the pool or take in the view from the magnificent deck which overhangs the river. Twice daily safari drives, guided walks, river fishing, canoeing and river trips are included. Accommodation, all meals and local beverages are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kariega Game Reserve - River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- River Hotel Kariega Game Reserve