In September I celebrated a special birthday and as both my children and their partners were available I decided that a good old family holiday would be the best present of all. We did a half beach, half bush holiday. I chose Sibuya for 3 nights as my "bush" option and actually celebrated my birthday there.
It was fantastic! There were 6 of us in our party ranging in age from 21 to 56 and we all had the most marvelous time. Bryan, our guide, was the best and we really enjoyed all his knowledge and input on our game drives. We stayed in Forest Camp and the tents are really special. They are all set out along wooden walk ways offering real seclusion and privacy. The communal areas are great and everyone eats together at one long table together with your guide. The food is homely and hearty and we were travelling with a vegetarian and she was well catered for. There are plenty of places to sit and relax either outside or under cover. My children were travelling with a slackline (loose tightrope) and they soon had the guides all giving it go as well. Luckily no bones were broken!
Apart from the wonderful game drives, our group also enjoyed some fishing off the jetty and we all did some paddling. The game drives are unique in that you spend time on the boat on the river as well as in the game vehicles driving around the reserve. Bryan went out of his way to do something a bit special for my birthday and organised a private area all lit up with lanterns for my family to pop some champagne and have a drink before dinner.
It was my 2nd visit to Sibuya and it definately won't be my last. Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sibuya has more navigable river than any other game reserve in South Africa. The unique experience starts immediately with a half-hour boat transfer to River/Forest Camp - luxury en-suite tented accommodation nestled in riverine forest and constructed in an environmentally conscious manner. Guests are hosted and guided by a team of experienced professionals. An abundance of wildlife from elephants to otters, Big Five, cheetah breeding program and prolific bird life await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- Sibuya Game Reserve And Tented Camp