We spent the night of 20 May 2012 with family from the UK at the River Camp. This game reserve was chosen because of the unique access by boat to the reserve. Our ranger, Chris, was very informative, accommodating and friendly. The trip up the river yielded 12 new bird sightings plus we were fortunate to see a Fish Eagle at close range. Our 2 game drives were fruitful and the big 5 were all seen at close range - a big plus for our overseas visitors. We were also lucky to see a beautiful baby rhino and 3 very playful lion cubs. Compared to neighbouring game reserves, the rates are reasonable and good value for money. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sibuya has more navigable river than any other game reserve in South Africa. The unique experience starts immediately with a half-hour boat transfer to River/Forest Camp - luxury en-suite tented accommodation nestled in riverine forest and constructed in an environmentally conscious manner. Guests are hosted and guided by a team of experienced professionals. An abundance of wildlife from elephants to otters, Big Five, cheetah breeding program and prolific bird life await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sibuya Game Reserve & Tented Camp Hotel Kenton-On-Sea
- Sibuya Game Reserve And Tented Camp