“Best view and service in town”
Review of The House Kitchen

The House Kitchen
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Start your day with a coffee of choice while catching up on the news. The House Kitchen has the best view in town (you have to see it to believe it!) and offers delicious breakfasts, wholesome lunches and delectable dinners. For those with a sweet tooth, we are known for our irresistible cheese cake, served with berry compote and creme fraiche. We also cater for weddings, birthdays and other functions accommodating 65 seated guests or 85 casual guests, depending on your requirements.
“Best view and service in town”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Great Resturant, open at 08h00 on the dot and make the best Cappuccinos in town, highly recommend have small town class but fantastic service. Thank you for my morning kick.

jhb
“Not for Vegetarians”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Bland food, very few veg. options (dinners suggestion was toast and soup) and food poorly presented.

2 Thank J1mny
Kenton-on-Sea, South Africa
“The worst restaurant in Kenton”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

@ Hannaah
I couldn't agree with you more, however we didn't get to taste the food! My girlfriend and I were kicked out of ther restaurant when we arrived after a morning run to have breakfast. We sat down, ordered an orange juice and were cooling down when we were approached by the owner who wanted to forced us to put our food order in immediately. We asked for more time to make our selection. This was declined and we were asked to leave as the kitchen had a busy schedule and we were not welcome to just enjoy and take our time. We obviously realize that this is the time of year that any seaside business makes money but I never expected to be treated like a cow being hurded in and out a farm pen. We understand that kitchens have a system and we respect that but it was her rude approach that took us by surprise. I would not support this restaurant as there are many other cute and friendly restaurants to visit such as Cilantro, Sandbar and The Goat Shed!
Karl

Visited December 2013
11 Thank Karl R
“Amazing view, horrific service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The House Kitchen is a unique place in Kenton on sea; a smart cafe/restaurant at the back of an interiors shop (The House Planner) with a magnificent view and beautiful, modern furnishings. It's a lovely environment for a bite to eat or a coffee.

But - and it's a big but - the House Kitchen suffers from the most horrific customer service courtesy of the owner/manager. Her attitude towards me today was jaw dropping. I have never experienced such rudeness and dismissiveness from somebody in the service industry.

I can only think that her monopoly as the only upmarket cafe in Kenton, and the fact that most of her customers are tourists who may not return anyway, makes her believe she can treat people with such disdain and get away with it.

I visit friends and family in Kenton once or twice a year and have been going to the house kitchen for the last three years. Locals have warned me that the owner is rude - many of them refuse to go there - but I had been lucky enough to escape it myself until this year. After today I shall never go back.

The food is ok. It's not bad, but isn't anything special. It's also pretty expensive. It would be worth it for the view if you don't mind negotiating the owner and her terrible attitude.

5 Thank Hannaaah