“Looks can be decieving”
Review of Bella Grecia Restaurant - CLOSED

Bella Grecia Restaurant
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here today and I have to say that the service was ok but the food was another story. Didn't finish our Morton bay bug pasta as the bugs were not cooked properly. We were given warm glasses to pour our cold beer into and my bread plate was dirty. I never said anything just paid and left. Be careful

1  Thank Klarnach

Reviewed July 2, 2014

All advertising said open for lunch & dinner 7 days a week. We got there & found the place closed, despite there being a sign on the road, pointing at the restaurant saying open. Won't bother again with the place.

1  Thank Sylvia B
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is 'The Best' restaurant on the mountain. Hidden away from the mainstream tourist area but absolutely worth seeking. My husband & I had a full 3 course meal & OMG the devine taste of our food was exquisite from start to finish. We also had the opportunity to meet Nick the owner & it is so nice to know that he cares about his diners being satisfied with their meals. The Tasmanian oysters were delightful, the steak just melted in your mouth & the creme brulee, yum. Thank you so much for a great meal, we will be back very soon. You are now on our fave list :)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The food was OK but the building and interior sails perilously close to 'dilapidated' and could do with a thorough spring clean.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I feel pretty terrible writing an average/poor review considering I headed out here today on the strength of the other reviews already posted. The owner & the woman waitressing did seem perfectly pleasant, as did a couple of other women present who seemed to be friends or family of Nick & the waitress. We were the only ones present at lunch time today [Saturday] & although the place is dated with décor & simple & not hugely clean in the harsh light of day, it is relaxed & it was nice to have it to ourselves. There is somewhat of a view over Tamborine but only really if you're on the tiny area on the balcony or the table just inside from there & even then it's pretty restricted by trees etc. We ordered garlic bread, chicken parmigana [how do you spell that again? :) ] gnocchi, & lemon lime & bitters. The LL&B was a nice drink & when our mains arrived the garlic bread had been forgotten but she brought it out later. My gnocchi sauce was nice & although the serving size was fairly small, the gnocchi itself seemed fresh. The big problem was that hubby noticed about halfway through that his chicken tasted strange & when he looked at the meat closer realised that the last third had a large raw pink part in the middle at which point he quickly stopped eating. Nick later apologised & offered to discount the price of the main which was appreciated, but really hubby had the nagging feeling throughout the rest of the day that he may develop salmonella. When Nick had apologised to hubby he said that they don't like to overcook their chicken so "sometimes it happens." Maybe better to err on the side of overcooked then under? I'm no chef but just my guess. I think my gnocchi was around 17-18 & the chicken is about 20 plus & honestly, compared to other places I've been I couldn't call that good value here. Overall it was pleasant but later fairly marred by the chicken. Seeing your hubby spit out into a napkin kind of ruins the ambience, so, I would not return.

1  Thank Carebear79