“Keep walking - Main beach restaurant on Tedder ave”

Bavarian Grill Haus
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

You know when there is significantly less people in a restaurant we compared to those around it, you should keep walking.. Tedder ave restaurant is case in point..
Service was dreadful, understaffed, and my stomach is still bubbling away thanks to the good I'm presuming.. On the positive the fit out looks great...bit that's where it stops..

2  Thank Pstepho

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Let me first say the food is great. It took 30 minutes for our drinks to arrive. We ordered our food and after 40 additional minutes of waiting, I finally got the attention of the waitress who told me "There's nothing I can do about it. We are very busy today. What do you want me to do about it". "REALLY" About 10 minutes our meal came which was the wrong order. We ate it anyway because we were starving. After waiting another 30 minutes for a beer, my husband and I decided to just go pay up and leave. We were charged for drinks we did not order on top of receiving the wrong meal. The food is great but staff is unorganized and poorly trained.

2  Thank myra g
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great atmosphere but that's all. The waitress was rude. We asked her to explain the menu and she wasn't interested and asked use to hurry up and order. Tried to order wiener schnitzel as traditional veal and when I asked she looked at me as if I was stupid. It came as pork or chicken. So much for traditional German fare. I ordered the pork schnitzel and I have eaten better in a pub. Crumbed boring chewy in places. Mashed potato bland and a bit of sauerkraut. Very expensive. Told the waitress I didn't like it and she just gave me a blank look, took the plate and walked away. Never go there again.

1  Thank 163karen
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went there for some authentice Bavarian fare etc. The decor is looking very sad and tired. Very small menu, had some Vegetarians with us!! Pizza was all they could order and my 18 yr. old neice could only eat 3 pieces - too cheesy and uninspiring.

I myself had the German Sausage Dish. Have to say 10/10, but way too expensive for what it was. @ sausages, a scoop of saukraut, mash potaatoe and mustard. All that's good, but for $27.00? Worth about $20.00 tops. It was tasty etc. but would I go back? No, as I've found a great German butcher near where I live and can replicate this for about $7.00/h

Reviewed April 28, 2014

wow, this place was a great find. went here with 4 friends & had a feast fit for a king, make sure you wear loose clothing as the food is very tasty & very filling, you will love the food here