“Can't get their food off my mind!”

Old Church Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: City may just be Tamborine, or North Tamborine (even Mt Tamborine), rather than Eagle Heights.
Brisbane, Australia
“Can't get their food off my mind!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The food here is absolutely amazing - I had two entree-sized servings rather than one main, as there is the option to have smaller sizes. I had the gnocchi and the pork belly and both were delicious. I never wanted the vanilla bean brulee to end - and was still thinking about it all of the following day! I will definitely eat here next time I'm on the mountain.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Genevieve H

Mooloolaba, Australia
“great food, character and service”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The restaurant was intimate, open fire blazing and the tables nicely spread out providing own space. The meals were great, good selection, nicely presented and the service perfect. It is not a cheap restaurant, but well worth it.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rochie65
Queensland Australia
“Superb Dining and Service”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We are fussy, fussy about the service we receive from the wait staff and fussy about the food we eat. The Old Church Restaurant surpassed our expectations. A fairly simple little room, warmed by a roaring fire was just what we needed after a rather brisk walk from The Amore B & B on this very windy cold winter evening. We were warm quickly and the service was fantastic. We ordered the scallops with pork stuffed cabbage and it was divine. I had the lamb rack and my husband the fillet, both were amazing but my lamb was by far the most delicious lamb I have ever eaten. It was incredibly tender and the jus was superb. We had some lovely wines with both meals and a lively discussion about Scotch with one of the owners. It was a truly delightful night of great food and lovely wine and company. Reasonably priced but you do need to book.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank kimkath61
Brisbane, Australia
“Outstanding”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We dined at the Old Church restaurant on a cold and wet Saturday Evening and warmed ourselves in comfort by the fire whilst reading the menu. The food was outstanding- complex flavours that all came together for a taste sensation. We had lamb brains ( first time ever-delicious) and scallop with lamb wrapped in cabbage as entrees. We followed up with mains of the 5 spiced duck and rack of lamb both of which were cooked to perfection. The service was attentive and friendly . We finished a memorable meal with drinks in front of the fire.
This restaurant clearly has an exceptional chef whose food matches the best that I have eaten in Brisbane , Melbourne or Sydney . Definitely the must do restaurant on the Mountain.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank WaWa1963
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
“Brilliant dinner and service!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Beautiful food! Lovely atmosphere and awesome to be able to sit around the fire place after dinner :)

Visited May 2013