“Lovely wedding venue”

Old Church Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: City may just be Tamborine, or North Tamborine (even Mt Tamborine), rather than Eagle Heights.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My sister had her wedding here, it was gorgeous and the day couldn't have been better, quaint restaurant, loved it all

1  Thank Emma J

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Wonderful food, service and ambience. A big thank you to Andrew Quaranti for being so personable and explaining some of the wonderful techniques associated with the dishes.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our dinner here was the highlight of our stay on Mount Tamborine. We were greeted and served by Andrew who we found out later was the chef and owner. We decided on the degustation menu which he explained would be at the choice of the chef who would "create according to his inspiration on the night", working around anything we did not like. As we pretty much gave carte blanche, what then came out in the next four dishes was each time a total surprise, as each dish was even more mouth watering than the next. We went from lightly seared salmon with a grapefruit, orange and cucumber salad, drizzled with beetroot glaze, to tasty morsels of quail on a creamy chorizo risotto, to succulent lamb backstrap with gratin dauphinois and eggplant and fennel caponata. After each dish Andrew would stop and explain his rationale of mixing flavours and then treated us to a desert he was "experimenting with", a pistachio pannacotta and a melt in the mouth honeycomb semifreddo. Without wishing to bore the reader with the details of our menu, I hope this proves the degustation menu is more than "pot luck" but rather the most delicious of dishes.
Thanks Andrew for a culinary experience that rivals my partner's native France!

3  Thank Carla K
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My partner took me here on Friday 22/03 and oh my, every course was just delicious! Service was very good as well, the waitress was constantly topping up our wine and water. It seems to be booked out for weddings every sat night so would try and book on Fridays instead.

1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed on Tamborine last Sunday night and wanted to dine out for dinner. After considering a few options we decided to try out this restaraunt. Well from the minute we walked in to the minute we walked out we were very satisfied. The very professional yet welcoming young waitress was a big part of this. She provided service you would expect at a 5 star restaurant in a major city. The food was excellent. I highly recommend the pork belly, scallops and apple risotto which was the highlight for me.
The actual restaraunt itself is fairly dated but with the right background music they were playing and the fireplace nearby it actually played well to the atmosphere.
Will definately be back for dinner next time we go to Tamborine.

1  Thank David J