“Surprised of the outcome”

Old Church Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: City may just be Tamborine, or North Tamborine (even Mt Tamborine), rather than Eagle Heights.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked for 6pm as we like to eat early; on arriving in the car park we found that we were the only 2. We look at each other and at the sometime said hope this isn’t a bad sign. How wrong could we have been, we made our way inside and were seated in front of the open fire place and had a few minutes to look over the wine and drinks list. The owner came over and placed some more wood on the fire and sat and told us the history of were the church had come from and a bit about his family that ran the church. We decided to have the degustation this was an excellent choice as it gave us the opportunity to try more of what was available to eat on our next visit. By the way the church was almost packed by time we left, good idea to book.

There are newer reviews for Old Church Restaurant

Reviewed October 7, 2012

It was a quiet Sunday lunch. There were five customers. I liked the look of the pasta but it only was offered as a starter. I asked whether I could have it as a main course. No! Rather surprised given pasta isnt wxactly the most difficult dish to supersize I asked whether instead of a main sized course I could have two pasta starters on the same plate. No! Mind you I had told the waiter that I wasn't concerned about the cost and all I wanted was a main meal of what looked to be a delicious dish. It didn't matter. It was impossible. Apparently at this restaurant it is you have to order two starters and have to get them on separate plates or you can have nothing. If it wasn't so totally stupid it would be funny. Great food but for some reason they won't let you buy it.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Amazing food, great atmosphere, lovely fireplace and friendly owners/staff. Would truly recommend this restaurant for a cosy meal or a special function.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My partner and I were staying on Mt Tamborine for a romantic weekend away, and this restaurant was recommended by the retreat we stayed at. We found it to have a very cosy atmosphere with the fire place roaring and a very attentive waitress to greet us and guide us to the lounge where we enjoyed the warmth of the fire place while listening to lovely music.
We stayed here while the waitress served our drinks and we tried to choose from the incredible menu. Everything sounded delicious and luckily for us, you can choose each dish in an entree or main size, we ordered 6 entree sized meals, 2 mains and the dessert tasting platter. Not only was the presentation high quality, the meals tasted like something you would be served in a top Melbourne restaurant! The flavours were outstanding and my partner and I both agreed that this is the best dining experience we have ever had on the Gold Coast. Even the prices were very reasonable, we would have expected to pay more for such impeccable quality.
The food and service was flawless, after our meal we were able to move to the lounge area and eat our dessert, drink our wine then sip on coffee and port.
If you are considering going here, do it. You will not be disappointed!!

2  Thank Kymberley B
Reviewed August 22, 2012

excellent food in a small restaurant inhabited in an old church. this is the place to go for fine dining.