“We'll be back!”

Maz's on the Mountain
Reviewed May 26, 2012

From the moment we arrived until we had to unfortunately leave we loved every minute of our stay. We were greeted with warmth and a smile, a little touch of humour and made to feel very welcome. Our cottage although cold inside when we arrived, had a warmth about it from its decor and furnishings, which only got warmer as the fire soon started to warm the room. The room itself had everything you could need from the fireplace to keep you warm, the spa to relax, comfy four poster bed for a goodnights sleep to the kitchenette with fridge, microwave, stove/oven, the tv/dvd and cd player and the bathrobes to laze around in. There was a piano for those who want to tickles the ivories, books/mags to read, games to play and a good selections of dvd's at reception. The breakfast basket that arrived each morning was made up of cereals and milk, bacon and eggs, toast and jam and juice and muffins which was both delicious and ample. The location of the property could not be faulted as you are close to everything, shops, wineries, and gallery walk but far enough away to be able to hear a pin drop at night. The peacefullness was total bliss. Our first stay at Maz's will not be our last.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 18, 2012

i took my mum to mt tamborine in march. it has been raining all day and night but we got a bottle of wine and some cheese and had an absolutely relaxing evening. i don't understand why people are complaining about the rose cabin beeing to dark!? there are candles everywhere! we found it very cosy and relaxing! the breakfast was amazing as well. mum forgot her little bag in the cabin and helen was so nice to send it to me, thank you so much for that again!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My partner and I really enjoyed our long weekend at Maz's.
We stayed in the Jungle room, and the African theme gave the place some character that many places lack. We enjoyed the luxury of the spa bath in our room, comfy four-poster bed, and complimentary port.
Our hosts were friendly and helpful, making us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ella M
Reviewed November 15, 2011

From the minute I reached Maz's on the mountain my weekend was transformed ! I hadn't had a good start to the day, but from the minute I met Helen and she showed me some true country hospitality, along with a room with a great spabath, (I hadn't originally booked a room there, so I wanted to check it out before paying for the room), my weekend was turned around completely, from a stressful nightmare to total relaxation, fun and tranquilty in the rainforest. Thank you for a delighful weekend !
I hadn't had a weekend away in a while, most of my holidays are not spent locally but, I definately hope to be back to Maz's for a mini-break as soon as I can. It really was an amazing weekend.
The hosts were extremely friendly and informative with local knowledge and hints on where to go and things to do. Helen told me about the markets at the showgrounds (2nd Sunday of the month) and where to park while down there. The compendium in the room was full of handy info too, including menus for the local takeaways, so you can decide what you want even before going to the restaurant or takeaway. The night we walked down the road to buy dinner at the Indian restaurant (next to the icecream shop next to the boardwalk to the curtis falls walk), they loaned us a torch for the walk. (there's also a great pizza place there as well, only a few minutes walk away). We saw a few or the local creatures too (the furry and feathery kind). We also had a jumbo burger and other food from Tamborine Takeaway for dinner one night (that menu is in the room too), so just phone ahead and it'll be ready when you get there so you can head back to the cosy room, and enjoy the peace and quiet in your pajamas or bathrobe and sit back, relax, watch a movie and sip the complimentary port or have a nice long relaxing soak in the bath, they even have little teacandles in the bathroom).
You won't need a big lunch or dinner anyway, after being spoilt with Helen's cooking in the morning. A truly amazing breakfast is served on the little table and chairs outside your room, and I even had a gorgeous red king parrot in the tree nearby as an added treat. The first morning breakfast included fresh sliced fruit, cereal, toast, quiche and bacon, juice and plunger coffee (I couldn't possible fit it all in so I took my muffin with me for a snack for later). I didn't think she could top that breakfast until the next morning when I was greeted with pancakes served with berries, cereal, juice, coffee, bacon, eggs on toast. There is also a couple of massage menus in the room too, so I had a massage in the room too. A VERY good start to a monday morning let me tell you. They also have cottages as well, whilst I didn't have a chance to have a look in one of those, I think they have some cooking facilities, if you prefer that. There's a pool and spa too, if you prefer that as a less crowded option from Cedar Creek falls.
Originally, we looked on wotif.com to see who had what deals on, but next time I won't bother checking to see what the others are doing, I'll just phone and book at Maz's it was great value, (cheaper than the place we'd originally booked), but with fabulous, friendly service, and truly amazing breakfast which made it even better value, then complimentary port to top it off, and the little extra touches such as bathrobes and teacandles to make the most of the experience.

Room Tip: Decide whether you want to do any of your own cooking, if you want to, you can book a cottage but we...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Wombatsandemus
mazsonthemountain, Manager at Maz's on the Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thanks guys. We aim to please.
As the weather is warming up don't forget to bring your bathers next time and make use of the pool and outdoor spa area.
The gardens are looking good, so wander through and relax. The King Parrots a free bonus!!!
We enjoyed your company too. I'll have to see how i can top your experience for next time!!
Helen

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I am so glad I did not read the disappointing review of Maz's and not go there, it would have been a huge loss. We stayed in the Rose Cottage and loved it, from the excellent books on Art Deco , Oscar Wilde novels and cute piano - I must take lessons before we visit next time! - the ambience was perfect, totally complemented by the darker colours chosen for the walls and furnishings. After a short walk to the rainforest, 2 mins away, and experiencing the joy of the fireflies, we returned and lit the fire which had us mesmerised. I did not stop smiling from the time we arrived till we left and I know my partner felt the same. Unfortunately, we had to dash off early, unable to make much of a dint on the huge breakfast which was delivered to our room. We have already bored and bullied our friends on the necessity of a visit and look forward to our own return. Thank you to the managers for helping make our first trip to Mount Tamborine definately not our last and giving us great memories of our 10th Anniversary.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

$259.00 for a nights stay in a dark and dingy cottage was not what I was expecting. The web site stated that upon arrival you get a lovely afternoon tea,we got a small jug of milk and a few teabags,coffee&sugar packets. then we were expecting a cheese platter at sunset which didn't arrive either.The cottage had blown bulbs,a blocked drain and was extremely dark. The firewood was damp and it took us over 2 hrs to get it started as we were not supplied with a kindling kit as promised and we only had one sheet of newspaper and had to resort to using tissues and collecting twigs from outside. there are no phones for contact to the office. the water in the spa was yellow and it made the relaxing experience not so relaxing. then I spent most of the night making sure the fire didn't go out as it was very cold and the manager said we had to keep putting wood on it in the night. we came away very tired and dissapointed with our so called break. this is not a place I would recommend .

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank stbernards
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We just turned up one Monday evening and loved all the different themed rooms, and chose the Tivoli room. The best things were the woodburning stove and a big bathroom with spa bath (a few of the water shoots weren't working, but I forgot to tell the owners and it didn't worry us), and we chose some DVDs to watch. It was only a short walk to a local Indian restaurant that was really tasty and good value, and there is a beautiful walk to a waterfall too where we saw some king parrots. The bed was comfortable, and the rooms are in a quiet location in a large garden. The breakfast was such a surprise because we got pancakes with berries and maple syrup as well as cereal, and eggs, bacon and tomatoes, and could have had toast if we could have managed it. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gabbakat
mazsonthemountain, Manager at Maz's on the Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

Thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope you get a chance to come back in the springtime when the gardens are at their best.
Thanks for the heads up on the spa, the problem has been attended to.
We pride ourselves on our breakfasts and appreciate the feedback.
Thanks again...Helen