“Absoulutely fabulous!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamborine Mountain
Seaview Farm Retreat
Stokesley, United Kingdom
“Absoulutely fabulous!”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed at the cottage and had a wonderful stay. It was spacious and extremely comfrotable and clean. Teena left us a basket of welcome goodies which was much appreciated. The woodburner was welcomed as it was a bit chilly at nights. Every detail wa thought of. We had family over in the evenings and there was easily enough room for 15. Outside there were 3 lovely alpacas and hens and chickens which we gladly helped to feed. We were told to help ourselves to eggs. Teena and Russ were lovely, so welcoming and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble. My parents-in-law stayed in one of the Retreat cottages which was also wonderful. Fantastic views to the Gold Coast and they got their breakfat each morning which we were told was delicious. I wouldnt hesitate in returing here. Such a shame we live so far away.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I absolutely love this accomodation. Russell is really nice to show us around and allowing my toddler to feed the alpacas and fowls. He even brought us down to his farm (where the cows are) and told us about the farm history. Its a pity my son is too young to sit in his tractor but we will be back again. There is even an outdoor BBQ pit which is great for summer and a gathering with family and close friends.

The accomodation itself is amazing with breathtaking views of the mountains, it is spotless and very well maintained. The beds are comfy and comes with electric blanket, which is a godsend in a cold winter night. I would definitely recommend this accomodation to everyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Firstly Teena & Russell are wonderful, their efforts are beyond words. The retreat is self contained, very clean, views as far as you can see. We had the dinner basket which was very filling & served to your door. We couldn't find one fault with our stay, definitely coming back. Truly remarkable & highly recommended :)

• Stayed June 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I really didnt want to write this review because I would love to keep this place a secret but I felt I had to give the highest praise to Teena and Russel for their magnificent farm stay. My husband and I stayed at seaview for our 30th wedding anniversary. What can I say, this place was truly a delight. From meeting Russel on our arrival and learning the history of the farm to sadly leaving the following day we were absolutely blown away by the tranquility of this beautiful farmstay. Our cabin was beautiful with the most spectacular views of the gold coast lights at night. Everything inside the cabin was absolutely 1st class from the beautiful bed, magnificent spa with massive window to open and enjoy the view with total privacy. A gorgeous fireplace and candles everywhere made the atmosphere really romantic. We ordered our food to our room and we were so impressed with the quality with Teena herself making most of the food herself. Curled up with a bottle of wine on the verandah wrapped in angora blanket was just heaven. I really would like to thank our hosts so much for our stay and we will definately be returning every May for our anniversary if the cabins are available. Thank you so much Teena and Russel for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Order you meals and stay and enjoy the views
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
brisbane
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This is a fabulous retreat, we could not have been happier. My top hints:
1. Get the dinner basket, Teena asked us at checkin what type of desert we wanted. Chocolate or lemon or apple crumble? When we asked what the chocolate was she said "I don't know I haven't made it yet". This is how fresh the food is and there is so much!
2. Stop off on your way at the MT Brewery, have a light lunch and pick up some cheeses etc. Once you get to the retreat you will see you have the best view on the mountain and just want to settle back with a bottle of red.
3. The rooms are amazingly clean and well maintained the 3 separate cabins have been staggered along a ridge so you can't see into the other cabins. Heaps of firewood and they have thought of everything, right down to ipod docking and the worlds most comfortable beanbags. I noted on some of the other property reviews that the rooms said "self-contained" and people didn't think they were. You have a BBQ, two hot plates, heaps of utensils etc.
4. Breakfast basket - plentiful and fresh. Teena makes a great "egg and bacon" breakfast pie or she is happy to give bacon and eggs to cook on the BBQ.

We didn't stay in the Farmhouse but will definitely return for a couple of nights with the kids, it has heaps of space and just enough animals to keep the kids entertained.

I haven't included any photos as the photos on the website are true representations of the property.

This is a fabulous property, the hosts are pleasant and friendly but understand you are on a getaway and respect your privacy and space.

• Stayed April 2011
Brisbane, QLD
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Firstly, thank you to Teena & Russell for being the perfect hosts and allowing us to have a great weekend.
We stayed in Unit 2 and it was spectacular - sitting over a valley with uninterrupted views over to the skyline. My fiancee and I have travelled quite a lot through both Asia & Europe and this has got to be one of the best views we have enjoyed (and it is only an hour or so from our home - but feels a million miles away).
The breakfasts were great - all packaged up and ready to be cooked up (a touch that makes you feel like you are in your own home - albeit a luxury one!). And the teapot doesn't leak at all when poured (a small touch but one that we noticed).
The bed & bedding was extremely comfortable and the robes were amazingly soft.
The alpacas, visiting kookaburras, gang of guinea fowls as well as the meandering cows in the paddock below make you feel a little like you are gettting back-to-nature, while sitting back in your jacuzzi with a glass of champagne and complimentary chocolates!
We'll hopefully be back soon.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, QLD
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I first discovered Seaview after a small write-up in Qweekend a few years ago - I tore it out and put it in a box and thought to myself "maybe one day..."
In May this year, I took my boyfriend to Seaview for his birthday - I was not only shocked at the value for money but also the view, the service and the facilities.
As soon as you arrive on the beautiful property you know you are somewhere very unique.
There are only 3 cabins on the edge of an exposed ridge - there is literally nothing in front of the cabins, they are on the edge of the mountain. The view commands your attention, and is framed perfectly by the huge glass doors opening onto the private balcony.
The first thing you have to do is run the spa, put on your fluffy bath robes (supplied by Seaview), pour a glass of wine and grab the platter of local cheeses from the fridge.. then spend your night watching the lights of the gold coast flicker on while you soak away your stresses!
Then spend the rest of the night in front of the fire before climbing into the heavenly bed for the best sleep ever!
Every finish and detail is of exceptional quality - polished wooden floors, built-in sound system with ipod dock, natural stone floor in the shower, Sheridan linen, soft pillows, tasteful furnishings, locally sourced natural toiletries and local art-pieces on the wall. Everything has been thought of. The kitchen is full of everything - just bring your ingredients and cook up a storm! Or you can dine at one of the local award-winning
restaurants.
During the day you can explore the art galleries, wineries, rainforest walks, or have a picnic in one of the parks.
Russell and Teena will make you feel like you're part of the family, and their breakfast hampers are to die for!
There are also alpacas to feed and guinea fowl to watch, not to mention kookaburras, rainbow lorikeets, wallabies and cows right outside your cabin.
I wanted to keep this place a secret - but a bigger part of me just wants to share because it truly is an amazing place!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
#4 of 6 in North Tamborine
Amore Bed and Breakfast
Amore Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 9 in North Tamborine

Been to Seaview Farm Retreat? Share your experiences!